Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Arizona 2015 Registration??
Quote | Reply
Really want spot in IM Arizona 2015 to celebrate 50th b-day by going for 140.6 now that I have 70.3 under my belt. Have family living out there 20 min from venue and want to organize a race / re-union but have been advised that it sells out EXTREMELY fast. Like within an hour or so and the site gets slow so even if attempt registration immediately it's tough.
Any advise? When is it likely that 2015 registration will open? Is it always a given date or time after the prior years race?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [lucky3x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registration will open at noon local time of the race the day after the race. So Monday, November 17th at noon Mountain time. The race will sell out in a few minutes. It will likely sell out by 12:05.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Sep 29, 14 15:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lucky3x wrote:
Really want spot in IM Arizona 2015 to celebrate 50th b-day by going for 140.6 now that I have 70.3 under my belt. Have family living out there 20 min from venue and want to organize a race / re-union but have been advised that it sells out EXTREMELY fast. Like within an hour or so and the site gets slow so even if attempt registration immediately it's tough.
Any advise? When is it likely that 2015 registration will open? Is it always a given date or time after the prior years race?
Any help greatly appreciated.

It's late, but you can come out this year, volunteer and get a priority spot for registration for next year. I'd be surprised if they don't still have a few of the undesirable spots available.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you might want to try Endurance Sports Travel, the company set up by Ken Glah. They usually have some race packages that include your entry plus hotel, transport etc. which at the end of the day may very well be cheaper than one trip to volunteer + another trip to race + your race entry + your hotels etc..

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
you might want to try Endurance Sports Travel, the company set up by Ken Glah. They usually have some race packages that include your entry plus hotel, transport etc. which at the end of the day may very well be cheaper than one trip to volunteer + another trip to race + your race entry + your hotels etc..
As someone who's getting ready to move to Phoenix anyway, I've been wondering just how I would manage to get into this race. Maybe what we could do is move back to Florida in order to take advantage of a package like that. ;)

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lucky3x wrote:
Really want spot in IM Arizona 2015 to celebrate 50th b-day by going for 140.6 now that I have 70.3 under my belt. Have family living out there 20 min from venue and want to organize a race / re-union but have been advised that it sells out EXTREMELY fast.
IMAZ 2015 reg options:
  • race in 2014, reg for 2015 on-site Thu/Fri
  • volunteer in 2014, reg on-site Monday 8 AM - 10 AM

• general public reg on-site Monday 8 AM - 10 AM (after volunteers)
  • reg on-line for Ironman Foundation spots (Monday noon?)
  • reg on-line after Foundation spots

This assumes that the Foundation spots follow last year's process.

Charity regs should be available well after Foundation and General Entry spots have sold out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the insight and ideas. Unfortunately it is as difficult as I heard.
Got some home work to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont think I would stress. Not a single IM has sold out as fast as ST predicted this year. Even Placid was open for days. Chatt is still open. In fact, Wisconsin, historically an immediate sell out, was open for weeks. All of the Western IMs (CDA, Whistler, Boulder, Tahoe) are still open. Los Cabos has moved to the fall and is still open. Arizona may be the one exception to the now general rule that instant sell outs are a thing of the past because there are no other real options for the SoCal area. But I will be stunned if it sells out as fast as predicted.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
I dont think I would stress. Not a single IM has sold out as fast as ST predicted this year. Even Placid was open for days. Chatt is still open. In fact, Wisconsin, historically an immediate sell out, was open for weeks. All of the Western IMs (CDA, Whistler, Boulder, Tahoe) are still open. Los Cabos has moved to the fall and is still open. Arizona may be the one exception to the now general rule that instant sell outs are a thing of the past because there are no other real options for the SoCal area. But I will be stunned if it sells out as fast as predicted.

Want to place a bet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:

Haha, yea.. Arizona sells out in minutes once it hits online registration.

The best bet is to VOLUNTEER, that will pretty much guarantee a spot to race in as long as you're there early in the morning. Registration may open up at 8am, but I was there last year at 4am and there were already hundreds of people in front of me. Most people that volunteer, do it to just volunteer and not to race, so this is a guaranteed IN for next year. Also, if you don't want to volunteer, they have on site registration right after all the volunteers registered and last year I only saw maybe 40 people at most and they all registered. After all that, it hits online registration and the remaining spots are filled in minutes.

Last year's volunteer registration line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4nNnwexMM
Last edited by: DY3VERSITY: Sep 29, 14 20:01
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [DY3VERSITY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in hindsight, was 4am overkill? I'll be volunteering this year and was hoping I didn't have to pull an all nighter to register. I guess Mill Avenue is close by to kill a few hours before registration if need be.

What do you think about volunteering + 7:30am next day? Guaranteed spot still?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mercuryvapor wrote:
So in hindsight, was 4am overkill?
Volunteered in 2014, stayed at the finish line beyond 12 AM, queued up ab. 9:30 AM, out of reg before 10 AM. The schedule had reg open at 8 AM Monday, but they started earlier than that to get through the crowd. YMMV.

Apparently 2014 was the first year when 2015 racer-volunteers were given a wrist band to quantify reg interest. Some organizers were concerned that the event would fill with just on-site registrations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it was overkill honestly. I forgot to mention that even though registration was suppose to open at 8, they opened it early, maybe around 6:30 or 7? I can't remeber. As long as you're in line you'll be able to register, I think 7:30 would be okay, but I honestly have no clue, cause I was out of there by 8am and on my way home to LA.
Last edited by: DY3VERSITY: Sep 29, 14 23:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the whole camping thing after volunteering last year at IM AZ and it was totally unnecessary in hindsight. We all got kicked out before midnight by IM people as the park was closing, so they gave out "special" wristbands that guaranteed us registration.

In the morning, the lines were long but everyone got in from what I understand, including the non-volunteers. If you want to get there early just to get out sooner, I get that. But I don't think 4am is necessary...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
sinkinswimmer wrote:

Want to place a bet?

Nope. I was stunned when the Patriots got destoryed by the Chiefs last night, but I would not have bet on them. If I wanted to place a bet I would have said something like "You would have to be an idiot to think it will sell out instantly." So, if it sells out in less than five hours, you can say I told you so. If it takes more than a day, I can I told you so. If it sells out in between, we can both claim victory. How does that sound?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Tri Bread wrote:
sinkinswimmer wrote:

Want to place a bet?

Nope. I was stunned when the Patriots got destoryed by the Chiefs last night, but I would not have bet on them. If I wanted to place a bet I would have said something like "You would have to be an idiot to think it will sell out instantly." So, if it sells out in less than five hours, you can say I told you so. If it takes more than a day, I can I told you so. If it sells out in between, we can both claim victory. How does that sound?

Sounds good. I think on-line still sells out in an hour or less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New reg dates in the 2014 Athlete Guide (pg. 24):
Ironman wrote:
IRONMAN ARIZONA REGISTRATION SUMMARY
Race Date: November 15, 2015

2014 IRONMAN Arizona Registered Athlete Onsite Registration [General Entry $725.00 USD]
• 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST Thursday, November 14
• 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST Friday, November 15

Volunteer and General Public Onsite Registration [General Entry $725.00 USD]
• 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. MST Monday, November 17 [volunteers will have priority with volunteer shirt and wristband]

Online IRONMAN Foundation Registration [Foundation Entry $1450.00 USD]
• 12 p.m. Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 12 p.m. (MST) through Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 6 p.m. (MST)

Online General Entry Registration Launch [General Entry $725.00 USD]
• 12 p.m. MST Monday, November 17

There are still volunteer spots open. (BYOB - Bring Your Own Boat for some of the openings.)
Last edited by: uucee: Oct 7, 14 23:13
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What makes this venue so appealing and sought after? The idea of volunteering in order to be granted the "privilege" of handing $700 in entry fees to the WTC seems odd to me.
Last edited by: spool: Oct 7, 14 23:39
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [spool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spool wrote:
What makes this venue so appealing and sought after?
Location, location, location. Few IM options for a ton of West coast tri ppl. IMLT was supposed to alleviate the demand, but given the recent race conditions, that venue has its own challenges. (It snowed at Squaw the weekend after the cancelled race.)

Also, IMAZ course has an easy reputation, so a lot of first-timers line up to sign up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude if you're 20 minutes away, just stop by Monday morning and stand in line and register after the volunteers. You're all but guaranteed entry without having to volunteer.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Folks,
How quickly did reg sell out last year? I'm thinking about IMAZ for 2016, and my inquiring mind wants to know.

<Edit>
Never mind. I found the answer in another thread. Sigh...
</Edit>

Cheers!

Munq
Last edited by: Darkwing: Sep 14, 15 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [Darkwing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just FYI, Ironman sent out an email on the Thursday before IMAZ last year offering early entry to anyone signing up for BOTH Silverman 70.3 and IMAZ 2015. You had a 24-hour window to do so, and there was a limit on how many of these "combo" spots they had available, but that's how I got into IMAZ 2015 before the masses.

If doing Silverman isn't an option for you, you can get in online if you're right on top of it right as it opens. You have to be fast. IMAZ sells out in minutes.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It never opened up online to general reg this year. Sold out with the combo/onsite/volunteers/awa etc.....
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to get in IMAZ in 2014. I was put on waiting list 40 seconds after online registration opened. Registration for IMAZ 2015 never made it to online. Best bet is to volunteer otherwise there is very little chance you get in.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Arizona 2015 Registration?? [Hastiin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hastiin wrote:
Best bet is to volunteer otherwise there is very little chance you get in.
On-site reg (after the volunteers) should also work. So far that hasn't sold out.
Quote Reply