Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM AZ registration/volunteer advice
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if I can show up at the event the day after and register in person if I don't volunteer?

I would really like to volunteer, but it would take a logistics operation on the scale of the Normandy invasion to swing it. I can get there Monday, but the weekend not so easy.

Any experience with this?
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ registration/volunteer advice [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know of an IM that has ever sold out in person. Slots always make it online. But no one knows how many. I seem to recall a thread from IMAZ last year that said after the first hour, there was no line and plenty of spots available. FWIW, I got in for 2014 online, as did 2 of my friends. It is possible.
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ registration/volunteer advice [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in '12 when I did it walk up registration did not sell out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Last year the hype was insane in the days before the race about not all of the volunteers who wanted to register getting in. Not only did they all get in, but all on-site non-volunteers got in as well as some online entries.

Re: IM AZ registration/volunteer advice [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I volunteered at IMMT at the registration desk.

The day after the race, they open registration for volunteers first (except those that are volunteering at the registration desk). Then open for public on site. Then it closes (like 11am) and registration desk volunteers can register. Then an hour later the web site goes live for registration off site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing my 2nd IMAZ this year. Signed up online both times. Just have to be ready on the computer and type fast! It's doable if you can't make it to the site.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply