Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 World Championships
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

I'm from the Olympic Pool at Cotton Tree (Cotton Tree Aquatic Centre) on the Sunshine Coast. As you will well be aware, the IM70.3 World Champs is just over a week away, and we are already seeing a number of athletes coming through our doors for training in the lead up to the big event. As a fellow triathlete (complete Gumby mind you) and family member of a former Professional IM triathlete, I know the importance of not having your taper ruined due to events out of your control. So I guess I just wanted to let you know of the best time to come during the day.
As a public facility, we have three pools: a hydro pool, a 25m and a 50m. Most mornings and afternoons and we have extremely limited lane availability due to Learn to Swim class and Squads. In order to make the most of your training session, the best time for you to come is anywhere between 10.15am-3.30pm Monday to Friday. Looking at the pool now (4.30pm Wednesday), the three public lanes open have no less than 5 to a lane, and this is a quiet afternoon! We are also open on Saturday (7am-4pm) and Sunday (8am-3pm), however on Saturday the 3rd of September our 50m will be unavailable for lap swimming due to a swim carnival and limited lane space in the 25m due to Learn to Swim. If you need to do a light swim session on Saturday, I would suggest coming after 12.30pm as Learn to Swim will be finished and the 25m pool open to public. And we are closed on Sunday the 4th due to road closures around us due to the event.
If you are coming to the coast for the event and you are still unsure of lane availability, please give us a call on 0754435601, or stop in and have a look at our complex on The Esplande, Cotton Tree, 4558. The run leg goes straight past our facility.
Jo from Cotton Tree Pool
Quote Reply