Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call
Quote | Reply
2 weeks away! Who else is going. Getting race ready at an Olympic here in New Jersey tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In, been there twice before and it's a fun race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Looking forward to it.

Quote | Reply
I'll be there! 3rd year in a row!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. Second time at Raleigh for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be a great race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. All three years for me!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
I'll be there. All three years for me!!

I'm in for year #3. Anyone plan on staying Sunday night? I will be with my family at the Marriott, if anyone wants to meet up for a beer.....good bar @ Marriott and the restaurant right next door.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm at The Marriott, staying over Sunday. Definitely up for a beer on Sunday night.
Last edited by: RallySavage: May 16, 15 15:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there. 2nd year in a row.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. It's my second try. I just might be healthy for this one.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In, first time doing Raleigh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if the race will somehow be magically wetsuit legal again this year. Considering that the temps in May have been relatively higher than the past two years, and both years, the temperature readings magically came in under the cutoff, I'm thinking this is the first year where it's not legal.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [ajminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam in Jordan lake two weeks ago and it was 65. My guess is that it will be wetsuit legal.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
I swam in Jordan lake two weeks ago and it was 65. My guess is that it will be wetsuit legal.
I swam there on Weds and it was 72.... I'm going to say not wetsuit legal
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman will find a way to make it wetsuit legal. Last year should not have allowed wetsuits but they must have found a deep spot that gave them the temp they wanted

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Ironman will find a way to make it wetsuit legal. Last year should not have allowed wetsuits but they must have found a deep spot that gave them the temp they wanted

Assuming same thing happens this year, would you advise to swim with or without? I took advantage of the wetsuit last year, but found it VERY hot throughout the swim. I'm assuming one would still go with the wetsuit if it's legal because of the time savings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The time savings would make me go for the wetsuit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajminn wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Assuming same thing happens this year, would you advise to swim with or without? I took advantage of the wetsuit last year, but found it VERY hot throughout the swim. I'm assuming one would still go with the wetsuit if it's legal because of the time savings?

As long as you don't lose time on the bike/run from leaving the lake already overheated….

In for the first time for Raleigh, looking forward to this race, and hanging out in Raleigh for the weekend as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It always seems that they could organize the order better, never the less:
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would you do it?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. First time in Raleigh. From Florida so looking forward to some hills for a change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

You may very well be right. I wouldn't surprise me at all after what happened the first year.

However...the Lake is at 74 already (http://epec.saw.usace.army.mil/bejrept.txt)

Forecast for next week:
Mon: High - 90 Low - 67
Tue: High - 91 Low - 72
Wed: High - 95 Low - 72
Thr: High - 96 Low - 72
Fri: High - 94 Low - 71

I'll still betting that this one is going to be non-wetsuit. If it is legal somehow, it is going to be a miserably hot swim
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Raleigh Roll Call [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seriously hope it's not wetsuit legal.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for my first time at Raleigh, second 70.3. Very excited but getting real nervous for the heat on the run. I am one of the last swim legs starting so I will be enjoying that nice midday heat by the time the run comes around.

Anybody have any tips they do to stay cool during the warm run? I dump water and drink Gatorade every stop by 80s-90s is really scaring me. Was thinking about using cold sponges but anyone else have any advice!
Quote Reply

Prev Next