Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 Chattanooga
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a good placed to park on Race Morning at IM 70.3 Chatt?????
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [colbyowens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And what about wave start times? Couldn't find them anywhere on the website.

Separate AWA wave (lower race numbers)?
Last edited by: deh20: Apr 29, 15 17:45
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plenty of parking within two blocks on transition. Most will park in one of the parking decks next to Ross's Landing or on the street (free on the weekends).

No waves, this is a rolling start. Nothing special for AWA.

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I read somewhere (probably the athlete guide) that it's a rolling start - no swim waves.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [The1Jacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by rolling start? A line forms and you go into the water every 2s similar to IMchoo or IMlou? Or do you pair by AG then go in every 2s?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TT start. No age group pairing. Well maybe that isn't a true TT start. No grouping by time estimates either. Just first come, first in the water.
Last edited by: arby: Apr 30, 15 5:45
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing it'll be a big self-seeded line based on projected swim times, but I'm not sure.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [endurathonrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brian, thanks for chiming in. Any guess on what the current will be? Are you able to do anything to "slow" the current, or are we at the mercy of the hydroelectric folks? Really my only complaint about this course (and the full course) is the current. Swim is already too short.

Maybe you could give AWA athletes a line cut pass so we could walk up to the front of the line right before the start. Wouldn't that make everyone else happy! (To be clear, I don't support a different start for AWA.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im shooting for 6000/7000cfs. I wanted the same for the IM last Sept but we screwed up and had some miscommunication (was 18000ish cfs for most of the swim). I think we (Us and TVA, who controls the flow) have that figured out. Now it just comes down to the weather. If we dont have a ton of rain, we won't have a problem slowing that down. TVA is awesome to work with regarding flow/current. I anticipate similar flow for both events this year.

As far as rolling/tt start, we dont say TT anymore as that infers certain intervals. This is not that! I want to get everyone in the water in 45 minutes. Because we dont have the daylight issue that we have with the IM in Sept, I can slow that line down getting into the water. It took 32 minutes for the IM, so we will space you out a bit more. This helps give everyone some more room in the swim and the bike (in theory!).

Ill stay out of the AWA discussion!

Should be an awesome race. Chattanooga is incredibly supportive and this is an awesome venue.

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurathonrd wrote:
was 18000ish cfs for most of the swim

I thought it was because I left my lights on and cranked the AC as low as I could get it before I left for the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
deh20 wrote:
Hi Brian, thanks for chiming in. Any guess on what the current will be? Are you able to do anything to "slow" the current, or are we at the mercy of the hydroelectric folks? Really my only complaint about this course (and the full course) is the current. Swim is already too short.

Maybe you could give AWA athletes a line cut pass so we could walk up to the front of the line right before the start. Wouldn't that make everyone else happy! (To be clear, I don't support a different start for AWA.)

If the swim is too short for you, you can always just do the full ironman. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
deh20 wrote:

Ah, but the swim is too short for the full as well! It's all proportional, you know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
deh20 wrote:
TriTamp wrote:
deh20 wrote:

Ah, but the swim is too short for the full as well! It's all proportional, you know.

I'm sure Andy Potts agrees with you, however, by a large margin, I'm certain age groupers do not
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the current water temp? I know it will change blah blah blah.

Sarasota Storm Tri Club
Off Constantly Race Team
Challenge Factory Team - PM me for a discount code for 2015 Challenge Family Americas races.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [triguysrq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw online that it should be around lower 70s race day. Per IM chatt 70.3 facebook page.

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will the bike course for the full stay the same? Planning on heading over to Choo in a few weeks to ride the course, if it changes it would certainly be beneficial to know, THX
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Chattanooga [triguysrq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it won't change much with our weather this week...probably mid to high 70's. The weather has been really warm the past couple of weeks & if there's not much flow all week it'll be pretty warm still. The COWS will take the temp on wednesday & if I remember I'll toss it on here.

AW
Quote Reply