Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call!
Quote | Reply
I'm in! AG 35-39. Did this race two years ago and it is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [metcalf34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in - 50 to 54.. Looking forward. Have done B2B twice (2011 and 2013) and Syracuse too (2013). Have a buddy coming in from Scottsdale for his first. Should be fun - good luck to everyone!

"Some guys they just give up living, and start dying little by little piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racin' in the street." Bruce Springsteen
Last edited by: Bigcreek: Sep 22, 14 10:39
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [Bigcreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, 40-44 AG. First 70.3 after 8 years of Sprints and Olys. Here it's a fun one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bigcreek,

I'm in 50-54 ag also. Looking forward to racing Sunday. First one all year since injury in Myrtle Beach marathon.

.........__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [warrenroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first this year - appendectomy two weeks before Rev 3 Chattanooga. Gonna cross that line come rain or shine. Have fun!

"Some guys they just give up living, and start dying little by little piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up, then go racin' in the street." Bruce Springsteen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. M35-39 first 70.3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, M40-44. This will be my second 70.3. Looking forward to this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [bpitts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In. First 70.3. M40-44AG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there. M 30-34.

Sarasota Storm Tri Club
Off Constantly Race Team
Challenge Factory Team - PM me for a discount code for 2015 Challenge Family Americas races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Present. 40-44 AG as well. IM Florida prep race.

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Last edited by: craigstrispot: Sep 23, 14 10:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. 35-39. Raced 2 yrs ago on a torn ligament in my foot. Looks like good weather this year. I've been on the course every weekend since April. Miles 15-23 suck. The road is terribly bumpy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in M40-44. Did it last year as well. Hoping to go sub-5 hours. Will be tough... but I'll do my best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! 25-29 M Its my first 70.3, and doing it as a tune up for IMFL

Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, another M35-39. Ironman Florida "tune up," took the facebook package deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in 50-54. Looking forward to this race since local triathletes down here around Tampa rave about it!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [lushrm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Wave 13 of 26. Right in the middle of everyone.

Nice to see that the largest 70.3 race could get at least one thread going here.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [GA_TRI_DAWG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there (M35-39) rocking' the light pink swim cap baby!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey dyarab — wondering how bad the morning sun is on the swim. Mapquest places the river virtually due east at our swim point. I often wear clear goggles to help with sighting/vision issues, but might use tinted goggles if I'm staring into a rising sun the entire swim (and no cloud cover). Thx

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a problem for me last year. I go off the around the same this year as I did last... 8:28AM. I used the bridges to sight with until I cleared them. After the bridges I was having trouble finding the buoys due to the sun and ended up swimming farther right than I wanted (stronger current towards center of river).

This year I plan on getting as far to the left as I can when I start this year. BTW... I was using grey tinted goggles last year. Plan on using the same this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in! 25-29. First 70.3, and so ready to get it under my belt!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Explain the current - why is it greater in the center? I swam far right in 2012 and had a great time for me, 30 minutes. Will I go faster if I move closer to the buoys? Need to find 8 minutes this year to break 5 or push harder on the run. Bib 1221 in the 45-49 AG. Second IM race I got the same bib number for a race.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [chrisinma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in AG 50-54. This will be my 2nd 70.3 and raced Augusta last year. Tune up for IMFL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisinma wrote:
Explain the current - why is it greater in the center?

Less friction on the water from the ground. You are not in my age group so yes, swim near the buoys. =)

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 Augusta Roll Call! [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 years in a row for me, AG 35-39. Augusta is my favorite HIM course!! Prep for IMFL ... Be clear I'm still racing Augusta :-)

Please forgive typo's and poor grammer. Most posting performed on my not so smart phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to find around 11 minutes to break 5 hours. My much improved bike will get me in the ballpark, but I'm not sure my run is where it needs to be to cut a couple minutes off. Nationals and then getting sick for nearly two weeks after (nothing related to Nationals) really messed with my training schedule. :/

I'll give it my best shot... all I can do. Hoping for clouds on the run. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next