Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update.
Quote | Reply
Below is the latest and greatest list...to my knowledge. We still have one Nomad. Since we only have one nomad...that's really not a team is it?...so Nomad will be eliminated unless s/he claims a team.

Rules and Regs. These are not the final rules merely what I think is the easiest and the best meter to measure the "Fastest Forum"

1) The results will be based on overall place, reguardless of age or sex. Sorry but IMHO we are talking the "Fastest" not the fastest male, 35-40, etc etc.

2) If I have time a similar tally will be taken for the swim, bike and run.

3) Not mandatory...but would be fun that each participant mark their left calf with a "T" or an "S" signifing team participation.

Simple to the point. These rules are now open to discussion. I will, against my better judgement, post a thread on TNO opening discussion on this thread...so be nice to TNO brethern.

Also I raise a motion that we follow Paul/Beatnic suggestion that we do this several times a year with various well attended races. Not sure how we'll decide which races and make sure that one forum or another doesn't try to turn it into a ringer, but I think it's a good suggestion.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming I'm moved to the TNO squad. I apologize to all of my TNO brethren in advance for my slow marathon time.

I like the rules. They key is to have it be something that is simple to score. How will you handle the fact that one team will have more members than the other?
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Schmelv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll use the average placement. Add all the placements up divide by number of team members and Voila!.

DNF's will count and I will use the placement or last available overall placement.

I'm thinking we should get a bonus if Bjorn wins overall though.....

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No soup for you!!

You can't have a bonus for the winner if we can't have a bonus for having more team members. His #1 will do enough to help your overall avg placement... Isn't that a big enough kick in the face to us? :)
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Schmelv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, besides I woudln't want to put any undo pressure on Bjorn. He needs to finish well to make up for me....

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimex = mmaquivar

So I´m already in the ST team.......good luck to everyone on Sunday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frickin' sweet... but how come there's no trash talk? TNO you're going down. I don't hope for any of you TNO people to DNF, I don't wish that upon anyone; however I do hope that you all suffer painful and incredibly slow races due to poor training as a result of having an inferior forum. Oh, what now?
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [iheartfestina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNO should do alright considering they'll actually care about more than just their bike split.

ot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I was racing just so I could rip on some TNO people.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since beatnic_tx and I already had one spat maybe we should have a showdown. I hear he is pretty tough in the "mini" distance. That happens to be my specialty.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, what if a TNO wants to switch over to ST or vice versa...

Can ya' switch teams? If so, when...

Lot's of TNO'ers post both places...

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See.. all the more reason to have a 'who's racing?' thread here! Figure out which STers are doing the same race as some TNOers and duke it out at the showdown.

But you can't post it on Thursday, cuz that's the day it's posted on TNO..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And what is the whole point of this again Matt? Is this a way for you to feel superior to TNO now that you left?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iheartfestina, that is like the worst smack talk I've heard in my life. Now stay out of my way before I mop up the streets of Madison with your sorry little Cervelo humping ass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not get the Gordo folks involved? :)
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I take some issue with "Jumping ship". Part of the reason I did it this way was to see who posted where. Obviously if you posted on ST and not on TNO you are likely more often on ST. This is also the reason for the "Nomad" team.

If you're a frequent poster on both, I'd say you're a nomad.

This also keeps people from being reverse sandbaggers and switching sides to hose the other team.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or how about jchat?
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [sensitive TNOer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]iheartfestina, that is like the worst smack talk I've heard in my life. Now stay out of my way before I mop up the streets of Madison with your sorry little Cervelo humping ass.[/reply]

I'll have you know that I am in no way shape or form involved in any cervelo-humping. I ride an orca. Also... M.O.P-ing up the streets of madison is exactly what you're going to be doing. I bet you finish exactly 1,000th out of 2,000. That's all TNO really is anyway, bunch of middle of packers anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You ride an orca? I don't wanna talk about your girlfriend, let's stick to the tri subject.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a TNOer who would be happy with a MOP performance, I'll take that as a compliment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who/what I ride is of no consequence to this trash talking session. However the terrific ball of flames that the TNO will go down in on Sunday is. You should change the title of the forum to TKO after sucking. Either that or the "just barely under 17 hour club"
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI ST vs TNO Smackdown update. [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea. I think it would be a good time to do this throughout the year for various distance races. Right now it's a bit late in the game and I'm pretty much outta time for IMWI.

We'll have to figure out how to pick the next race and try to suck in the Gordo folks.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh oh....

The first rule of jchat.....

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there are no rules in jchat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TKO after we knock down some slowbitchers a few spots by passing them on the run after they blow up on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next