Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMWI 2017
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to tell on the Ironman website how many spots remain.

On the fence for IMWI 2017.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [TrekRider68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. But if you follow them on Facebook, you might luck out and see when they are down to X amount of slots. Whenever they post that, book ASAP. It'll be gone by morning. This year they posted when it was down to 50 (I think?) and they were gone by morning.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. In 2015 I did the Bundle Racine/IMWI.....before that the volunteer reg.

Now seems to be slowing to the point you dont have to d othat crazy stuff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be surprised if it feels up fast. Word gets out how hard the new bike course is some will look for easier races.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New bike course is permenant or just during the construction?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard two laps up Barlow next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually I think the bike course is easier this year. 2 times up the 3 was much tougher than Barlow x1. I feel it will stay open because of the oversaturation. That said, IMWI crowd is pretty dedicated, so I'd suggest you keep an eye on it.

rhudson wrote:
I will be surprised if it feels up fast. Word gets out how hard the new bike course is some will look for easier races.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was not talking about the the climbing so much. Way more seal chip this year. I got beat to death. Most were walking their bikes up Barlow when I got there. But in saying I am going back for my 4th time still a great place to qualify.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6 time IMMOO finisher, first time 700 x 25c @ 90psi finisher this year. Huge difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrekRider68 wrote:
New bike course is permenant or just during the construction?
In Reply To:

At least through 2017. There is still planed construction through Cross Plaines for 2017 so the 2016 course (or similar) will be used again. It will be interesting to see if they make any changes. Mineral Point Road was sort of a disaster this year in both training and during the race. It's a main thoroughfare and traffic moves fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's surely true. It looks like IMWI and IMKY are some of the easiest to KQ based on times.

rhudson wrote:
Was not talking about the the climbing so much. Way more seal chip this year. I got beat to death. Most were walking their bikes up Barlow when I got there. But in saying I am going back for my 4th time still a great place to qualify.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol. That's funny. Look at the winner's bike split. Then look at his bike split at Boulder. The competitors aren't slow. The bike course is slow.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at times for all age groups, not a one off winner. And Boulder is known to be a very flat and fast course IMO. Check out all the AG KQ times and you'll see much of the best are going to Kona so the field is a bit light. The winner was legit but is quite well known to even the pros.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested in more info on the change. What pressure did you run in prior years and how much do you weigh? Was it faster, more comfortable or both. I've read enough to ride lower pressure, just a skeptic I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [SWed185] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Test it. This isn't rocket science. Jack it up to 100, ride it. Drop by 5 psi, ride it. Rinse, wash, repeat.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [SWed185] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think the changes should effect setup unless you change gearing simply because of the pitch at Barlow. It's steep. I did my best to keep wattage under 4.5 w/kg standing with very low cadence paperboying up. I did use 53-39 with 11-28. I'd say 90% or more of riders should run 50-34 and there's nothing wrong with a 32 rear either. The changes aren't that big of deal IMO. It does also add a 50mph descent if you want to go fast.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: IMWI 2017 [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran close to 100 psi on conti 25's this year. Next year going drop it down to 90 psi and wear gloves which I never wear.
Quote Reply