Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by beachedbeluga
Last edited by: beachedbeluga: Aug 9, 17 16:07
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job! I remember starting the run with you and seeing you the turnarounds. Great work for your first full.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job mate!

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent a bit talking to a guy with whom I left transition, but he slowed a little and my pace held, so I left him behind.

Yeah... because I couldn't take all your talking ;-p

But seriously, you crushed that run. We started out way too fast and I backed off thinking you'd crack and I'm not too proud to admit, you certainly proved me wrong. See you in Kona!

P.S. Sounds like we have the same feeling about PPF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really pumped for you, Savage! Awesome race. See you in the islands!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beachedbeluga wrote:
It was so tight that I was sliding down to the front of the swim during the national anthem.

classy. you're one of those who disrespect the national anthem. you would have received a reaction had i been there.....

otherwise, nice job on your race.
Last edited by: adablduya1: Aug 2, 17 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the race report. Awesome! At one point you ran by me at a turnaround and told me to "keep it up!" Super classy move and it must've been around your 18th mile. Small gesture but it meant a lot and is exactly the reason I love these events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a phenomenal race!! You absolutely crushed it!! And great write up as well, I really enjoyed reading it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! Saw your hill repeats and realized you're the guy I see running Lake Merritt so often - thanks for the high fives! Wouldn't have guessed you weren't a runner by background, you're giving me hope as a fellow (former) collegiate swimmer! Congrats again!!!

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [adablduya1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adablduya1 wrote:
beachedbeluga wrote:
It was so tight that I was sliding down to the front of the swim during the national anthem.

classy. you're one of those who disrespect the national anthem. you would have received a reaction had i been there.....

Exactly. Everyone else is in their spot so you take advantage of them while they are focused on the anthem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to hold it together. How many 70.3s have to done?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Live and let live. Thank goodness for the right to disagree. Right, wrong or indifferent. :aok

Dope race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super duper!

you have a wide open future! very impressive

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job and report too, only you forgot to mention that New Year PV cruise which I am sure was instrumental to your success!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats John! Thanks for taking the time to write out such a great report - that is quite helpful!

On your training, do you see major shifts / changes in terms of intensity and volume as you move between Oly / 70.3 / Full?

Also, with Every Man Jack, do you guys have your own coaches aside from the relationship with PPF?

Thanks!
david.
Last edited by: daswafford: Aug 2, 17 22:35
Quote Reply
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
adablduya1 wrote:
beachedbeluga wrote:

Exactly. Everyone else is in their spot so you take advantage of them while they are focused on the anthem.

well, i didn't insinuate the OP was using everyone else's "distraction" to gain a position advantage; he seemed clear to me he was running late and was just trying to get to where he was supposed to be (for the swim start). my point was specifically his inattention to the national anthem. i respect that he owned up to it.

sorry, but that's just one of those things that annoys me greatly; folks not stopping, taking off their hats, and being quiet during the anthem, but instead mill around and chatting it up. if one doesn't want to respect the flag and anthem, so be it. but, respect those who do.
Last edited by: adablduya1: Aug 3, 17 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [adablduya1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adablduya1 wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:
adablduya1 wrote:
beachedbeluga wrote:

well, i didn't insinuate the OP was using everyone else's "distraction" to gain a position advantage; he seemed clear to me he was running late and was just trying to get to where he was supposed to be (for the swim start). my point was specifically his inattention to the national anthem. i respect that he owned up to it.

sorry, but that's just one of those things that annoys me greatly; folks not stopping, taking off their hats, and being quiet during the anthem, but instead mill around and chatting it up. if one doesn't want to respect the flag and anthem, so be it. but, respect those who do.

I'm with you 100% on what I bolded. However, if some-one doesn't want to respect the flag and what it stands for, I'm sure a lot of other countries would take them. Possibly even California is they succeed in withdrawing from the Union.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by beachedbeluga [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
impressed the OP is just ignoring all the flag lovers comments. lol. kudos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome to see all the hard work pay off.

Quote | Reply
Kinda ironic since this could be a metaphor for what America does to other countries
(Pink)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats and great report!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by beachedbeluga [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beachedbeluga wrote:
beachedbeluga wrote:
Poor form, I know. Not normally my style, and I shouldn't have done it.

I didn't ignore them. I acknowledged that it was a mistake, and I wish that I had arrived earlier/hadn't done it.

you've ignored the people commenting after your initial acknowledgment. just saying i'm impressed by that. good for you.
Quote Reply
Re: IMSR race report. 5th OA, 1st in M30-34. First full Ironman [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changed by mind. Don't want to talk about flags.

Congrats, Beluga. Awesome race!!!!
Last edited by: gustri: Aug 4, 17 10:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next