Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT 2014 Finisher
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the finishers jackets will be coming soon? I noticed the nice full zips are available for other races on ironman.com but not for IMMT yet.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT 2014 Finisher [lem1083] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After waiting in line for two hours the morning after the race(which I have never done previously) we were let into the merchandise tent to a rack of about 15 finisher's jackets of various sizes. All of those people that were your best buddy outside were now elbowing and pushing their way to get to the size they wanted. This one guy practically sprinted to the cashier, jacket in hand, throwing $171 at her. She calmly stated," We do not have any jackets here, but you can fill out a form, pay, and we will send you your jacket in about 6-8 weeks."

I do not know if they are making any available online. Somebody said that last year in Placid they put some not so poplular sizes on line(that didn't sell out on site. There were jackets on site at Placid last year), but but the most common sizes never made it to the online store. I guess that they only manufacture a certain amount?
Last edited by: alittleslow: Aug 25, 14 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT 2014 Finisher [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the order at the tent the day after but much later in the afternoon when it wasnt really busy. They said you had to order them becasue "Subaru" needed to be on the jacket and it wasnt. They said 6-8 weeks...seems long to me
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT 2014 Finisher [cell1122] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not long when you consider the procurement of a specific ordered quantity (including any overage that they might have included in their order), then that they all had to be embroidered and then they all had to be shipped to WTC & then to you individually.....these things actually do take time & believe it or not the whole world isn't waiting on an order from WTC for Ironman finishers gear to be specially produced on-demand. Those items to into the queue just like the orders for all other promo gear.

Especially not long if the already produced items had to be sent back to have additional embroidery done.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lem1083 wrote:
Anyone know if the finishers jackets will be coming soon? I noticed the nice full zips are available for other races on ironman.com but not for IMMT yet.

They said 6-8 weeks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing the race as my first IM in 2015. Just curious, does anyone have a picture of what this jacket looks like?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT 2014 Finisher [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received mine on Wed 10/8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine this week too. Can't help but look good in it
Quote Reply