Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT - First Timers: Reminder No Saturday Check In
Quote | Reply
I ain't bitchin'... just pointing this out as I know there will be people complaining about it after arriving. I'm not sure I would have assumed as much without reading the Athlete Info email and had to adjust my travel plans to arrive early enough on Friday.
Last edited by: TheRhino: Aug 9, 12 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT - No Saturday Check In [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is like every other Ironman event I've done...shouldn't have been a surprise.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT - No Saturday Check In [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people may not be IronStuds and might be doing it for the first time... therefore being unlike any race they have done by definition.

The point was to illuminate that fact for those that weren't aware and hopefully save someone a lot of hassle. Not sure what you contributed to the conversation but try considering the world from outside your frame of reference once in a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we can still rack our bikes on Sunday morning though . . . right?
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT - No Saturday Check In [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sponsor exception for you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't mean to come off callus for folks who didn't know...The prelim schedule has been up on the IMMT site for awhile which for me was actually a nice surprise to see it posted so far in advance.

I know at some WTC races you are allowed to check-in late Friday for special circumstances(planes delayed and stuff). I'm not sure if anyone has been turned away with a legitimate excuse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I changed my title to be more informative than potentially misread as a complaint/surprise... I know there will be someone (more than one) who shows up on Saturday and says "Whaaaa???" so I thought I'd try and be helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last check in is at 4 pm on Friday.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT - First Timers: Reminder No Saturday Check In [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The schedule has been onilne for 10+ months and athlete check in hours have NOT changed.

They are standard check in hours for Ironman events. Saturday is for bike check in etc...
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT - First Timers: Reminder No Saturday Check In [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Marc,

Honest question here. Why is it possible at 70.3 events with 2500 people to have registration and bike check both on Saturday but somehow for Ironmans this is not possible? This comes up at every Ironman, not just Tremblant. Basically because of this rule, people have to take an extra day of vacation to make sure they fly in (or drive in) on time. Ironman is already expensive, and forcing participants to take an extra vacation day simply to register seems unneccessary. Feel free to share the behind the scenes reason. I'm asking you because you are at many Ironman events. I appreciate that there may be some really good reasons that we don't see from the front, but you see from behind the scenes.

...or is this just a ploy to ensure that the local communites get at least 3 nights of hotels (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) ? If that is the reason, I can accept it. I'd just like to see a logical reason, because it is clearly possible for 70.3, but it does not happen at 140.6!

Dev
Quote Reply