Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMD [IRONMAN Maryland] (No athlete check-in on Friday??)
Quote | Reply
I quickly scanned the 2015 IMMD Athlete Guide this morning and noticed that athlete check-in closes at 5pm on Thursday and there is no athlete check-in on Friday.

Does this mean I have to be in Cambridge, MD by 5pm on Thursday? It would have been nice to know this earlier than 1 month before the race so that I could plan hotel accomodations, travel, and time off of work further in advance.
Last edited by: Yeti'sUsedSocks: Aug 31, 15 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [IRONMAN Maryland] (No athlete check-in on Friday??) [Yeti'sUsedSocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the standard at all IM races ... you have to check in 2 days prior and rack your bike the day prior.

If you looked at the prior years schedule of events or the prior year athlete's guide, it would be on there.

Yeti'sUsedSocks wrote:
I quickly scanned the 2015 IMMD Athlete Guide this morning and noticed that athlete check-in closes at 5pm on Thursday and there is no athlete check-in on Friday.

Does this mean I have to be in Cambridge, MD by 5pm on Thursday? It would have been nice to know this earlier than 1 month before the race so that I could plan hotel accomodations, travel, and time off of work further in advance.

Quote | Reply
Yeti'sUsedSocks wrote:

Thursday does sound a bit extreme. I got caught off guard by the Friday check-in at Mt. Tremblant.

Extra days...extra $$$.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this must be your first WTC 140.6 event. they do stuff like this so they can say "look, our event injected X into your economy" X is a lot larger when you force 2k athletes to be there another 24 hours.

john
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to last year's IMMD athlete guide, athlete check-in closed at noon on Friday. The link is below. http://www.ironman.com/...0ag%209%2018%201.pdf
Last edited by: Yeti'sUsedSocks: Aug 31, 15 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [Yeti'sUsedSocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect that's because they purchased the race from Tri Columbia after registration had open, with people who already registered under a set of rules, so they had to conform to some of Chessyman's rules.

Yeti'sUsedSocks wrote:
According to last year's IMMD athlete guide, athlete check-in closed at noon on Friday. The link is below. http://www.ironman.com/...0ag%209%2018%201.pdf

Quote | Reply
Makes it even more cool we get to check in Sat for IMLT and IMLT 70.3. Interesting they are not all the same.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [Saundo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saundo wrote:
Yeti'sUsedSocks wrote:

Thursday does sound a bit extreme. I got caught off guard by the Friday check-in at Mt. Tremblant.

Extra days...extra $$$.

And extra driving time. The closest available rooms are still 40-60 minutes away from the event depending on where you're willing to stay (hotel v motel v air b&b).

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [Yeti'sUsedSocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti'sUsedSocks wrote:

this is true as I did this race last year...but they did it because It was already a race and now that they have a full year under their belt they follow all the other WTC standard agendas. two days before.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it's WTC preferred option, it's not universal.

Some other WTC IMs still use registration on the eve of the event.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMD [IRONMAN Maryland] (No athlete check-in on Friday??) [Yeti'sUsedSocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Europe with racing on Sunday you can certainly register on Friday and I'm pretty sure Saturday too.

Most times I'll try for Thursday but some travel doesn't allow.
Quote Reply