Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMLP Two Main Run Hills
Quote | Reply
Any of you IMLP folks who have done the race have any idea (approx.) what the length and grade for the two main hills on the run are ? I'm talking about the one on main street and the one on Cascade Rd. by the ski jumps...thanks for any input...again don't expect specifics just approx. unless someone has actually recorded that specific info in the past. :-)

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Two Main Run Hills [bizmarqua] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just going by Map My Run, they have from the corner of River Rd at the bridge to the top of the hill at .23 miles at a 4% grade. The hill going into town is just .14 in distance but at a 6% grade (gains 96 feet of elevation in that short stretch. That is just measuring from the base where you cross the river (run aid station right there) to the traffic light at the corner and not including the additional rise after you make the left turn. Hope this helps.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there the week before. I'm guessing at least 5% for Main Street. Steeper 5-6% for the ski jump hill. I feel so bad for folks that did the 2 laps of swim and the RD only counted 1:(
Did you do IMLP?
I wimped out and just ran around Mirror Lake twice. Gorgeous easy run. Saw lots of people getting in early AM swims.
Love to do it some day. Got to one of the most challenging IM's out there giving the unpredictable weather and the hellacious descents on the bike into Keene. Can not imagine that bike in the pouring rain and doing it twice!
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP Two Main Run Hills [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brian...this help a lot. If you were to consider the extra distance on the main street hill how far would it be and the average grade from the bottom (start of the hill ) until you make the right onto mirror lake ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i bought a video that takes you through the bike of the 56 mile loop. i plan to watch it while on the rollers in the pain cave.
from spinervals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.26 miles from the turn at the light to the left turn at the Mobil station, avg grade 4% according to Map My Run

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply