Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMLP - Thanks Everyone
Quote | Reply
Morning all,

Just wanted to put up a quick post to thank everyone for all the help and advice that I received prior to IMLP. I'm not going to bore everyone with a long race report, but just suffice to say that I had a great day, completed under my goal (13 hrs.) at 12:55.56.

Swim - Lotta fun, kinda like playing rugby. I found the underwater line during the second lap and that was great. My stripper was tall and blond...

Bike - First lap strong, 2nd lap got tough at the bottom of Haselton Hill coming out on the second loop. Felt as if I was climbing Alpe D'Huez as I came up Poppa Bear. Thanks to Ted McGregor for getting the crowds fired up.

Run - Great course - Saw Dev twice - he was running strong - lot of crowd support and the aid stations were stocked. 2nd lap - felt like I was getting pulled home. I was surprised by how many racers were walking and talking on cell phones.

Finish - My dad, wife and kids were on the grassy hill behind the finish. All five saw me come into the oval and cross the finish line and my catcher was very kind.

I feel great today and am very grateful for the presence of Slowtwitch and for many of the posters here. I thoroughly enjoyed the day starting on Friday night (I was #2 in the biggest loser part of the program - Superman shirt) all the way through the awards banquet.

I signed up for next year and am shooting for a goal of sub 11:30. I just have to get a real bike and learn to run...easy ;).

Special thanks to Dev Paul who has been nothing short of great in helping me with quality posts and PM's along the way. He is a credit to his sport.

thanks everyone,

Brian

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP - Thanks Everyone [Brian G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats Brian - YOU are an Ironman!!! And mega congrats on the biggest loser deal, that's pretty amazing. You have much to be proud of.

Sorry I missed ya up there, glad to hear ya had a great race.

<< Swim - Lotta fun, kinda like playing rugby. >>

It's funny, I described the swim as a rugby match too ;-)

Dunno if you even wanna look at yer bike again anytime soon, but if so you'll probably be seeing me out and about in Harriman again in a few weeks (once we get back from a 10 day va-ca). While I won't be able to attend A-Z this year (definitely a "happy problem" ;-) I think that you should sign up for it ASAP. Doing that race last year was a big step towards achieving my goals at LP this year, hopefully it will be the same for you.

-M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: IMLP - Thanks Everyone [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey ML,

Congrats on your great time at IMLP. Well done!!

Definitely A-Z...

Maybe SOS, too.

Off on Vacation too...leaving in an hour....

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Last edited by: Brian G: Jul 25, 06 5:21
Quote Reply