Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMH date change [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...i would even say 4:15 at Eagleman...fast course...and athletes will take notice about it being one of the only 1/2's races with kona slots...not like last year. Solid short course guys like Marc Bonnet-Eymard (not that he is in your AG) always hit this race.
Quote Reply
Re: IMH date change [KJGrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Kevin needs to focus on sprints and Gavin. But don't quote me on this...easier said than done.
I'm quoting this for when I see your schedule with 4 IM's in 6 weeks on it.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: IMH date change [Afleet Alex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on adding a "shoe transition"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
M25-29; I'm guessing I have to be sub 4:25 for sure...

(just remembered I promised this)

I calculated the slots for each age group at Eagleman, based on the number of entrants as of about a month ago; it shouldn't change too much. The bad news is that M25-29 will probably only have one slot for Kona; last year, the winner took the slot with 4:25. The good news is that you'll be so far in front after the swim that he may never catch you (he did 34:34/2:17/1:30), if I understand your swimming ability correctly. Eganski on this forum beat him out of the water by about 6:00.

To confuse issues, last year there was supposed to be only one slot, but two people apparently got slots; the second guy was 9th in 25-29 and did 4:40.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flanagan, at Eagleman, I suspect you have to go closer to sub 4:20, perhaps even sub 4:15. It is a fast course...but if you are not already "in" then it is sold out.

What about St. Croix. Why don't you join us. You might not be ready for full Ironman in April, but how about a half Ironman in May? You should have a huge advantage with your swim studliness in that no wetsuit ocean swim with 6 foot surf:-)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: IMH date change [Afleet Alex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I should mention that when this whole date change went down, I sent an opinionated e-mail to WTC. Amazingly enough, Ben Fertic responded with a phone call and provided more information behind what the reasons were behind the change. We also discussed a couple other Ironman and 70.3 issues and I was very satisfied with his answers. I found his answers to be extremely forthcoming and I was very appreciative of his call and the opportunity to talk to him. I couldn't talk him into a slot for the race though! :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next