Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMFL and new knee pain
Quote | Reply
Well I did my last slghtly longer taper run yesterday...1hr run. now I have pain behind my left knee cap. It hurts to move it, not terrible but some pain, no swelling. A little time spent on google I found that it may be runner's knee (chondromalacia of the petalla). Has anyone had this before and if I take a few days off am I going to be ok for the race this saturday..(IMFL)? I'm getting a little worried......this is my first IM.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL and new knee pain [wannabehawaii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first of all, I personnally get new pains the week before evry IM. sort of part of taper. BUT... This can be helped a lot usually by getting the quads loosened up. I say show up in the ART tent at IMFL, it is likely it will help you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At this point I'd do no more running or biking, let the inflamation die down as much as possible. Losing a little fitness (and it will be very little) will not hurt you but being unable to bike or run due to the pain could force you out of the race.

Ice, Ibuprofen and rest and you'll be fine. A lot of little stuff like that will come and go. The fact that it just started would lend it towards going away fairly quickly with some rest.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL and new knee pain [hugh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the advice.....hopefully it will be ok by saturday. Maybe I'll see some ST'ers down there. I'll be the one limping
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'll be the one limping"

You're gonna have to narrow it down beyond that or people may confuse us!
Last edited by: hugh: Oct 30, 06 7:31
Quote Reply