Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ Taper - the Last Weekend
Quote | Reply
IMAZ peeps, since this is the last w/e before raceday, what are your workouts? My schedule has a 3 hour ride on Sat and a 4K swim Sun. It seems like a lot the w/e before IM. I still feel a bit sluggish, so I was thinking of cutting back. This is my first IM so I'm not sure what to expect on how I should be feeling.

Peace,

Rob

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Taper - the Last Weekend [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should be feeling sluggish and need rest. Depending on your fitness history, it wouldn't be a bad idea to rest more than you think...even a lot more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would do half of what's on your schedule. My last weekend was about 25% of my max weekend, so my longest ride was 6 hours so that last weekend I rode about 90min.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stick to your schedule. If you had a choice between feeling sluggish today or on race day which would you choose? It's okay to not feel 'perfect' the week leading up to the race, it's the day of the race that matters.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it a coach that gave that to you? Does your coach know more than you? Do your planned workout. Hopefully you are using someone that has 'been there done that' or at least is smarter than you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first as well and I am feeling a little sluggish also, which I expected. I feel better in general but I can tell in my workouts I am still not 100%. The workout is more than I am doing, but like was asked before I would be interested in knowing if this is prescribed from a coach or how you got that work out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a 3 hour ride on the CT, followed by a 60 minute run on Saturday - then the rest of the days before the race are very light. I've already been resting quite a bit, and I know my recovery time from this workout is pretty quick so I'm comfortable with doing it.

The 3 hour ride is going to be 30 minutes at very easy watts, 120 minutes at IMAZ goal watts, and 30 minutes very easy.

This is my 5th IM taper, and I've always felt sluggish in the past when I came into taper with a huge amount of fatigue. This time around, I've done less overall volume and, as a result, am feeling much fresher than before - so I'm a little more comfortable going harder further into my taper.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's too much. I'm doing a 2 hour brick (max) on sat. My recovery and training has gone really well. There is no point in that much volume. You want to leave this week feeling ready to race and not tired. I'd go for less volume, maybe 1.5 hours on the bike and a 30 min run. Just a suggestion.

Good luck,

Kevin

Kev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3hours ride tomorrow, 1 hr run sunday and a short swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.5 easy ride and a .5 run on sat, nothing sunday. Feeling sluggish this week. I guess that's good?

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
90/30 min Bike/Run brick for me tomorrow. Easy swim on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Taper - the Last Weekend [jar1635] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My workout for the weekend is on Saturday 3hr ride with a 60min run later in the day. Next week is super easy (30min recovery ride and run).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more. "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got 2.5 hour ride with 15 minute run on Saturday

50-60 minute run on Sunday. I've also been felling sluggish and distracted this week. I'm trying to make lists so that I can get any missing items that I'll need for the race this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loop of the imaz course should do it for me tomorrow and then a few beers in the evening
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ Taper - the Last Weekend [Clown Fish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I loop of the imaz course should do it for me tomorrow and then a few beers in the evening
Why worry about the loop... mmmm, beer.
Quote Reply