Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ'ers. get ready for the HEAT!
Quote | Reply
I just want to go on record as saying how impressed I am with all of you coming to race here at IMAZ who live and train in the northern part of the country and Canada. How you all manage to get in your mileage, wether indoors on trainers our outdoors in the brutal elements, my hat is off to you.
Now the bad news. It just got hot here. I mean REALLY hot. We went from day time highs in the 60's-low '70's to almost 90 in about 2 days. This is fairly common, but it does not bode well for a cool day in April. The thing about AZ, once it get's hot, it stays hot. Humidity is in the 10-15% area as well just to add insult to injury.
So, crank up the heat in your homes and before you head down here and get your bodies heat acclimated as best you can and practice hydration, hydration, hydration. It will make your day April 15th!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ'ers. get ready for the HEAT! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not hot, this is perfect. Once it gets above 110, then it's hot. I am loving this, my favorite time of year here. I rode up South Mountain to the TV towers in a sleeveless jersey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will take it. I am so tired of riding indoors due to the cold. (yes, I am a wimp)

Now, what is this "hydration" thing that you speak of???
Last edited by: CAVU9tri: Mar 9, 07 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ'ers. get ready for the HEAT! [WSL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is not hot, this is perfect. Once it gets above 110, then it's hot. I am loving this, my favorite time of year here. I rode up South Mountain to the TV towers in a sleeveless jersey.
You got that right. I freeze when it's in the low '60's on the bike.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update. I have a feeling the qualifying chances for SoCal residents just went up =]

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Humidity 10-15% adds no insult to my injury. The prevalant 85-100% humidity we have here in Houston does add insult to my injury. I'm definitely looking forward to racing in lower humidity. (although it hasn't been that bad here yet this year...I'm sure it will come before AZ though)

Re: IMAZ'ers. get ready for the HEAT! [KWTriGrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the lower humidity will be a nice change!

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is expected to be one of the worst allergy seasons we have ever had. If you suspect this may affect you, be prepared to be on drugs during your race, find out what OTC remedy works for you and how it may affect your race. It has been killing me here the last week or so.

In my experience, heat is not a problem as long as I have ice in my hat. I suggest my northern friends practice this a little. You can just bring your cap along on an outdoor run and scoop up some snow to pack in there. Maybe practice giving yourself a wet sponge soaking along with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your predicting weather more than 4 weeks in advace?

Fear monger...........

tfun~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring it! I will take it no problem and no complaint. Last year was great and looking forward to a few days on soaking it up before the race too. We were down in January and it was cold, I mean cold! It sucked so I am all for it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but it's a DRY heat!!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it. Yesterday the windchill was -10 when I headed out for my run, so anything warmer than that will make me happy. Just keep the winds down...

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Now the bad news. Humidity is in the 10-15% area as well just to add insult to injury.
![/reply] Yes it would be much better to have humidity in the 90% range lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on the water temp in the lake? There was a link online to the current temp but I can't find it anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ'ers. get ready for the HEAT! [hugh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.tempe.gov/wx/

64 today

I'm hoping a 10 day training camp in Florida will help with the heat acclimation. For now the basement with the heater on is my Arizona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been doing a lot of my training overdressed. I'm switching my long run from morning to noon tomorrow, to further acclimate. It's supposed to be in the high 80s to low 90s in LA area tomorrow.

I grew up in El Paso and went to school in New Orleans. LOw humidity is great. High humidity is bad for endurance sports.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply