Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I've decided the UCI can Suck It...
Quote | Reply
I'm taking a break from trying to beat the evil UCI.
I've got a couple of unique designs that would fit with in their "skewed" way of thinking, but they aren't revolutionary or ground breaking.

My question, for all you industry types (builders, marketers, ect...) is as follows

I love companies like QR who say they are dedicated to Triathlon, but something puzzles me. The go out and build a new carbon bike like the Lucero. They build a double-triangle, semi-aero frame (as in 3-to-1 tube ratio or less), and then they give it geometry that pretty much makes it UCI illegal. Why not go all the way one way or the other?

Why not build something a little more like this?

Just curious, what's the thinking, building a "tri-bike" and then building it around TT specs?
Quote Reply
Re: I've decided the UCI can Suck It... [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if that bike can't be built, there has to be a way to incorporate that paint job!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool Mr. Gofair, but you really need to true those wheels.

Where ya gonna carry your spare tubes and stuff?

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Re: I've decided the UCI can Suck It... [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps tires/tubes/air/gells/etc go in the aero "trunk" behind the seatpost...

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not get rid of the top tube or down tube? I don't see why both are necessary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, how many of these drawings have you turned into designs or frames? Very often, conceptual sketches end up looking like the same old design when the engineering details (safety, manufacturability, material characterisitics, etc.) are worked out.
Quote Reply
Re: I've decided the UCI can Suck It... [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yikes. Maybe just get rid of the top tube, then it could be a true Tri bike with only three tubes.
Quote Reply
Re: I've decided the UCI can Suck It... [nickc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So how many of these drawings have you turned into designs or frames?"

None. The simple fact is, I've never said I was an engineer or even a designer. I'm an artist.

As far as "safety, manufacturability, material characteristics, ect...."
These issues seemed to have been handled fine before the UCI ban. My question is why there aren't really any companies still doing it. (With the slight exception of BP Stealth, Softride, and sorta Griffen.)
Quote Reply