Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike.
Quote | Reply
What would you go out and buy/ build ?

Here are my choices.

What would be your choice ?

Cervelo P3 Carbon P3C - 2007

2007 Orbea Ordu

2007 Orbea Ora

2007 Felt DA Triathlon/Timetrail

Planet - X Stealth

Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [JPatrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure i'll cop a flaming from the fast-growing and highly vocal ST PX mafia but as great value as it is doesn't the Stealth just look plain old boring next to the other three??? For this reason alone i wouldn't shortlist it as a dream bike - a fine bike, and again, incredible value for money, but not a dream bike. Of the choices you've put forward i would go P3C - it ticks every box. 5k wouldn't buy jack in my part of the world though...

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Last edited by: show pony: Feb 23, 07 1:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one..... Yeah.....the geometry is a bit slack......and I will have to kick in some more jack$$......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Last edited by: Bladed: Feb 23, 07 2:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After 6 years on a 20lb Trek Hilo, I bought my dream bike from GoTriSports in Hilton Head SC. It's a 2006 QR Seduza w DA, a Renn 575 and HED3 (old school). With the extra $1500 I can pay for my trip to Kona. Yes, I know I will need to buy a HED3 if I make it to Kona; that's why I bought the disc.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$5,000, but what about race wheels, power meter, one piece carbon aero bars..............make it $10,000 and i am in.

tfun~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My choice would be:
  • 78.5 degree seat tube angle.
  • 72 degree head tube angle.
  • 51 cm seat tube center to top.
  • 110 mm head tube.
  • 52.5 cm top tube.
  • Integrated fork.
  • Aero shaped seat tube/post with correct aspect ratio for otimal aerodynamics at race speed.
  • Rear wheel cutout for optimal aerodynamics with rear disk wheel.
  • Replaceable derailleur hanger two bolt, 5 mm mount.
  • Simple, fully housed internal cable routing with internal guides.
  • Two bottle mounts on frame- one on down tube, one on seat tube.
  • Shifters bosses that are specific to bar end cable routing (i.e., not too low on the down tube).
  • Heavy duty, threaded and replacable front derailleur mount (not riveted or bonded) with enough vertical adjustment to go from a 34 tooth small ring on a compact crank and a 56 tooth Q-Ring and everything in between.
  • Vertical/semi-vertical dropouts (I know this runs contrary to the wheel cut out spec, but you asked for a dream bike).
  • Single adjustment, 5 nm torque (not 4 nm, that's too delicate), modular, replaceable seat post binder assembly.

That would be my dream bike.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guru Chrono, they had a deal awhile back at the LBS that would get you in under $5000.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think you are the one late at the show.....P3C was cool 3 years ago....not anymore........ everyone as one.... but PX stealth is very cool now!!!!! and you can be different!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [PBFLRacing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Guru Crono now. No kidding.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get the Stealth, you can include a hot set of race wheels in the $5K.

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a cool bike.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of the bikes you showed, my vote is for the Ordu ($4550-6730 on their website). I thought it was cool last year, and this year it looks even cooler.

Of bikes you didn't mention, I'd probably either go with a P2C or a custom Elite (with Ultegra 10, $4900, + $50 for "tips and tails" custom paint). Most likely I'd get the blue P2C and spend the rest of the $5K to buy race wheels and upgrades (fully loaded here for $3,984.95). A tough deal to beat, and a ton of bike for the money.

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it would have to be the new Isaac Joule (SP?) - simply beatiful bike - however as Tom pointed out i have no idea whether or not it would fit me:)

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd take whichever of the following fit best:

P3SL (yeah yeah they don't make them any more,but for 5k I could find one)
QR Lucero

That's about it for now - maybe an '07 P2-SL or a Planet-X Stealth, the P3C is a cool bike, but it doesn't appeal to me atstecically (sp) and to many people have one IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike."

Awesome. Thank you.

What would I buy? - I rode it last weekend in Austin. A Cervelo R3.0. Thanks to Don at Austin Tri Cyclist for the high-end loaner from the shop. I have ridden a number of road bikes over the last few years in good demo situations, and I must say that for my needs these days - a comfortable, but stiff, and very lightweight bike, the R3.0 is a thing of beauty. I'll take a 58 please!!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...a few more to throw into the mix would be the Kuota Kaliber, QR Lucero, Look 496TRI, TrekTTX, Kestrel Airfoil, Giant Tri Alliance, and (currently sitting downstairs in the bike room) BMC TT02.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dream bike would be custom made just for me. Maybe a Serotta, maybe Yamaguchi. I'd probably have my artsy daughter dream up a paint scheme. There would be no other like it in the transition rack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why on earth would anyone buy a stock frame. Custom build from a company like Parlee.
Last edited by: Bman: Feb 23, 07 7:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please paypal the money to mike_shannon@triathlete.com.... I'll post pictures after delivery.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why on earth would anyone buy a stock frame. Custom build from a company like Parlee.

I am on the list....

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$5000. doesn't buy much these days. You'd still be about $495. short of buying the latest Lew wheels (yup - $5495. for a wheelset)

http://www.lewracing.com/wheels.html

Actually, 5 K would get me both a very nice road bike and a very nice tri bike on the second hand market on ebay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd just get one of these....oh wait I already ride one! Fast, comfy, gets way more looks than any conventional frame.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True, I'd go to Lynskey and get some custom shaped tubes to 3 or 4 to 1 ratio. It'd probably be a lot like that Parlee but titanium. THough that'd be a $4500 frame as is. Needless to say, follow it up with a disc and deep front and some components. Probably a Easton front end.
Quote Reply
Re: I’m giving you $5,000 to buy your dream bike. [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
titanium you say? Roarke then...for me anyway. Ti, aero, and easily broken down for shipping to your next overseas race. Not sure if 5k would buy it but I think it would be worth the extra to find out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next