Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to increase FT this winter
Quote | Reply
My FT has leveled off around 275 for 2 years in a row and I'd like to see this bump up closer to 290-300 come spring 2007.

I'm looking for suggestions on best way to do this. For the past couple of seasons while training for IM's I've done primarily 1 FT session a week like 2 x 20 around my 275FT w/ 2-3 other sessions around 90-120 minutes at steady pace and 1 long ride. Weekly mileage varied between 200-300 depending on how close to my race I was.

For 2007 I'm not doing and IM but will race 1/2's and some Olypmic distances. Should I keep the 2 x 20 set but throw in something w/ more intensity too---like 5 x 5 min at higher watts w/ 5 min rest between.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How to increase FT this winter [Mr Pibb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im clueless what is FT?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless you've already tried them, Hunter Allen's power training plans (Cyclingpeaks) will get you moving again. But you might have to ease of the swim and run for a few weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots and lots of squats. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Increase your training load. More is MORE :-)

"Insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
Quote Reply
Re: How to increase FT this winter [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Im clueless what is FT?
Functional Threshold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy Rich Strauss' off season training program w/power. Increased my FT 10% with this last winter. i think it cost like $75.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just eyeballing here, but it looks like you could bump up your training volume (duration x intensity) a little. How about cutting back on your running for 4-6 weeks and focussing on biking and swimming technique?

As always, try to make your training specific to your race demands. draft free/ITU?

I do use a power meter and it helps, but it's not the end all be all either.

Makes sense?

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply