Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to fly with a disc wheel
Quote | Reply
So this season I will be flying to a couple races and I am trying to figure out the best way to fly with my disc. I have a Bikebox Alan so the disc wheel won't fit in there unless I don't put the anti crush pole. I also know Zipp sells padded wheel bags but not really sure how careful the airlines will be with it. I am assuming others have flown with a disc so please give me your opinions. Thanks.

Jimmy
Quote Reply
Re: How to fly with a disc wheel [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri All 3 wheel safe combined with the Ruster Hen House is my perfect combo. Fly on Southwest and pay $0 for both bags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use your BBA without the anti crush pole. I've done this a few times when flying, and it's fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Ruster Hen House wheel bag works well. Just cut a round piece of cardboard the size of your wheel and place it in the case for extra protection. I have used one for 2 years with no problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Practice, practice, practice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri All 3 wheel safe pro... the best wheel case IMO.

I have one for sale if interested. Basically like new.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I recently sold one here, and have a second one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the hen house and stuff the wheel bag with clothes, wetsuit,ect. Adds extra cushioning and saves me from another bag charge.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew my bike to Oz in a BBA - so didnt use the pole. Absolutely no problem at all.
Quote Reply