Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How the bike industry works (time for me to confess)
Quote | Reply
i apologize in advance if someone fessed up in another thread...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He missed disc brakes

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...just....wow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so where's the one for BB "standards"?

I can't decide if that one would be better conveyed by this vid or the Hitler bunker scene.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
so where's the one for BB "standards"?

I can't decide if that one would be better conveyed by this vid or the Hitler bunker scene.

it's kind of in there. near the end. homage to the BB.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [goodman5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike industry "works"?? 😀😀

(I can poke fun. I was on the mfg side for a bunch of years and now on the dealer/fitter side).
Last edited by: Chris B.O.B.: Jan 4, 18 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
He missed disc brakes

Gosh I hate to give you fodder, but again, like many of your posts, you are speaking out an orifice not located superior to the C7 vertebrae but rather the one caudal to the fused coccyx vertebrae.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanrafaeltri wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
He missed disc brakes

Gosh I hate to give you fodder, but again, like many of your posts, you are speaking out an orifice not located superior to the C7 vertebrae but rather the one caudal to the fused coccyx vertebrae.

Thanks for the education

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vying early for post of the year?
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Vying early for post of the year?

wish i could take credit. i'm only the messenger.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it April 1?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As my grad school supervisor used to say. Always study A question, and not THE question... if you answer everything with one study, you'll be out of work pretty quickly... The electronics industry has this dialed in, cycling has only really started to get wise to this in the last couple of decades...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoyable, but I preferred the original!
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sure got smart on tvs

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Poorly" that's how it works. Bike marketing is years behind the curve. Cycling in general is the prototypical "small fortune" industry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BEST POST OF ALL TIME

thanks Dan you SOB

XXOO

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
Enjoyable, but I preferred the original!

Link?

Liked the part about "came out with 27.5, basically the same as 26 but nobody noticed." Indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Tractor tires/fat bike thing got me for sure, since that was my thought when I first saw a fat bike many years ago...
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you knew what the original video was about; it's been around a lot longer than Pres or candidate Trump I think.
Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, apologies. I thought that was legit. Don't speak the language so couldn't tell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha! Awesome - best post I've read in a while. Fortunately, I'm still rocking the 26" cable brake MTB, 14 year old road bike & TT bike (all of them aluminum albeit with 11 speed).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found it:

Quote Reply
Re: How the bike industry works (time for me to confess) [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guy2600 wrote:
Hahaha! Awesome - best post I've read in a while. Fortunately, I'm still rocking the 26" cable brake MTB, 14 year old road bike & TT bike (all of them aluminum albeit with 11 speed).

Hell, my 26" mountain bike still has cantilever brakes, a 3x7 drivetrain (with dual SRAM grip-shifts!) and a whopping 50mm of front suspension travel. :)

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next