Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Honda makes car safer for pedestrains that get run down
Quote | Reply
Weird , IMO, Honda commercial seen yesterday. Car shown with crash test dun-mmies in lab, runs down another crash test dummy while the caption states that Honda is making cars safer for pedestrians that get hit!

WTF? Isn't the idea not to hit people with your car? Remember that, when you're out riding, when you see that Honda bearing down on you. Feel better knowing that Honda was thinking of you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Honda makes car safer for pedestrains that get run down [frogonawire 6.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Weird , IMO, Honda commercial seen yesterday. Car shown with crash test dun-mmies in lab, runs down another crash test dummy while the caption states that Honda is making cars safer for pedestrians [i]that get hit![/i]

WTF? Isn't the idea [i]not[/i] to hit people with your car? Remember that, when you're out riding, when you see that Honda bearing down on you. Feel better knowing that Honda was thinking of you![/reply]

i think that it's a crucial element of car design, that is too frequently ignored.
that doesn't mean, though, that safety for pedestrians should be the centerpiece of a car commercial. yeah, it's kinda wierd.
Quote Reply
Re: Honda makes car safer for pedestrains that get run down [urbanrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, it is good that they're desigining their cars to be safer, but really - buy a Honda, it's better for the people you hit!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Honda makes car safer for pedestrains that get run down [frogonawire 6.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unless the airbags are on the outside, anything that runs into you at 30 MPH isn't really going to help. Who are they fooling?

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply