Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else had this problem? My last two runs have ended with blue ankles. Granted, I have never had a shoe get so wet and retain as much water as this one but was surprised to find the color rub off.

I have liked the shoe a lot but am not sure how the water issue will be 20 miles into an IM run (may try the drain holes....if anyone has experience doing it with this model I would welcome your advise).
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [songmak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not used them when it's raining out but I now have a bunch of blue socks thanks to the Clifton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a problem with the "webbing" that is glued near the arch and near the toe, coming undone. Also, the foot bed would always slip back wards and work it's way up my heal. The second problem with the footbed could easily be remedied with some glue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad I got the black/yellow - no such problem.

On a similar note - I've been switching between the Bond's and Clifton's and my Bondi's get drenched with sweat. It s been humid here(NY) but man they are ridiculous. Its like running on sponges. Anyone else experience that? Makes them even more "clunky". I'm thinking of going full on Clifton for my last 5 weeks of marathon training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a blue pair and without running in the rain or overally sweating, I do have some new semi-blue socks. Having said that, this is an absolutely great shoe. I have 4 different Hoka models, Stinson, Bondis, Conquest -- and this shoe works in a lot of ways for me.
Last edited by: Mark M: Sep 12, 14 16:29
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same issue. Just regular running (not in rain) and they get beyond wet. So much so that I left them outside after a morning run the day before and they were still soaked when I ran the next night. Unfortunately for you the model I use is the Clifton which appears to be what you are planning to switch too to help the situation with the Bondi's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually I've been alternating and haven't noticed the Clifton's to have the same issue. I haven't done more than 10 miles in them yet however.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have had 3 Bondi speed models and now the cliftons. For two runs my toes were slightly blue from the new pair of Clifton's but after that it has gone away. The blue came off in the shower on my feet and my socks were well worn and dark so it was not the socks but did not stain the socks either. To me this was a minor issue. Regarding the draining or water retention the Clifton's seem to be slightly better than the Bondi Speeds. It looks like the shoe is formed to add stability in the bondi's which in effect is cupping the water. The same is true but to a lesser extent with the clifton's.

Still hoping to see Hoka solve the issue with drainage holes similar to what K Swiss did, but despite this drawback, I still really like both the Clifton and the Bondi Speed's.

Best,
GS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a Hoka dealer, we haven't had a return or a comment on color bleeding. FYI, Hoka '15 is looking very nice! Clifton, only color updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using the Cliftons now for several weeks including the 70.3 Worlds and haven't had any issue with colours bleeding (including a training run or two in the rain). The light meshy upper doesn't keep you dry if it's wet out but by the same token the shoes seem to dry awfully quickly.

My only knock against them is that the insole on one started scrunching up towards the heel - not while running mind you but from walking around for a few days afterwards. Good thing they provide an extra pair of insoles in the box!

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [RK250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the ankles of my (white) socks turned light blue during a 10 mile run today. That was without the shoes getting wet, though my ankles were probably sweaty. It was my second run in my Cliftons. This colour-running issue notwithstanding, they're absolutely awesome shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair and ran 23 in 85 degrees today. They were annoyingly squishy by mile 18 - so much so that I was thinking of ways to make drainage. Mine aren't bleeding, but if they were, I'd be pink. Not sure I'd choose them for a marathon, maybe just for high volume training weeks. I'm using them for some long runs and some recovery runs, but still racing in Kinvaras. If you find a drainage solution, please post it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a pair this week. 9 mile run yesterday and ended up with both socks blue.

I love the shoes and am willing to deal with but it's odd.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runlikeamother wrote:
If you find a drainage solution, please post it!

Drill

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bondi B3 women's in the white/purple. (And why white???? Although at least it doesn't bleed) My socks are now pink.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 - my first ~5 mile run in brand new Cliftons on a dry, mild left my socks a luvly shade of light blue
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How heavy do they seem when water logged? I was considering using then for an IM for the combination of cushion and light weight, but it seems this may defeat that purpose unfortunately.
Last edited by: Dnowak: Sep 14, 14 20:34
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton - Water Logged and Color Bleeding [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're still way light - just make squishy sounds and are probably a tiny bit heavier. It's more annoying that performance-hurting, in my opinion.
Quote Reply