Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Bondi 2's and 3's
Quote | Reply
I'm currently running in Bondi 2's and really like them but it won't be long and I will need to get a new pair. I was planning on buying the 3's but I've read so many negative reviews on the 3's from runners who loved the 2's. So what is everybody's take on the 2's vs. 3's? Should I skip the the 3's and go to a different shoe until the 4's come out? Is their anther Hoka shoe that is similar to the Bondi 2 that I could go to? I've already tried the Rapi Nui 2's and hated them. I sent them back after my second run.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi 2's and 3's [EKH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is it that you like about the B2? I use both the Bondi2 and the Stinson. I think that the Bondi is wider and more stable and that the Stinson is more cushioned and less stable.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a chance, I would try running in the Bondi 3. The 2 and 3 fit and feel different. If you can find any leftover 2s I would get those.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both and the 3's seem sized up a half size plus the minimalist tongue doesn't help matters. I dislike the new tongue and the pre-installed race laces suck too on the 3's. Overall ride and feel (other than size) seems similar.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi 2's and 3's [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
What is it that you like about the B2? I use both the Bondi2 and the Stinson. I think that the Bondi is wider and more stable and that the Stinson is more cushioned and less stable.

The things I like about the B2:
1. It has a good platform for my orthotic.
2. I run a mix of roads and trails and seems to transition very well from one surface to the next.
3. The most important thing is I've been plagued with calf problems and since running in the Hoka Bondi 2's those issues have almost completely gone away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't like the B2s at first but they grew on me and when they were dying I went for the b3. I returned my b3s after a few runs. The ankle collar part isn't as padded as the b2 model and it just made for uncomfortable running. I thought the b3 tongue was slightly better than the b2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel the same way about the Bondi 2s vs 3s. Does anyone know anywhere that still has Bondi 2s in stock?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for me the 3 does not feel as padded as the 2. in fact I also have the new stinson's and they feel more padded than the 3's, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been a Bondi user for 2+ years. Just got a pair of B3's a few weeks ago. Initially I didn't like them as I felt they were firmer than my B2's. However I've gotten used to then and will keep them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the 3 on. They are different and a get a 1/2 size smaller.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EKH wrote:
Sweeney wrote:

The things I like about the B2:
1. It has a good platform for my orthotic.
2. I run a mix of roads and trails and seems to transition very well from one surface to the next.
3. The most important thing is I've been plagued with calf problems and since running in the Hoka Bondi 2's those issues have almost completely gone away.

It sounds like you should try the Hoka Huaka.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi 2's and 3's [QBall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QBall wrote:
I feel the same way about the Bondi 2s vs 3s. Does anyone know anywhere that still has Bondi 2s in stock?

http://www.leftlanesports.com has them in certain sizes for $95. You have to join their site, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both, I like both. The b3 does have more volume due to the thinner upper so go down 1/2 size like everyone says and the fit feels the same; at least to me. Not a fan of the speed lace they come with but just takes a few minutes to swap out with the normal ones they supply so no worries there. I'm not sure why people say the tongue slips, be sure to run the laces through the slot to hold it in place. I do hope they make the very top portion of the tongue a softer material in the future, but it's not anything that would keep me away. I always wear socks so no problems with the feel of the materials to me, I could see the tongue biting a bit if you go sockless.

Now on to the ride, this seems to be the most polarizing change. They are a bit less soft then the b2, still softer than other shoes I've used. I see this kind of like the changes all companies make from model to model. I wonder if Hoka took some material out and made then a little less spongy to save weight and appeal to the masses who were reluctant to try them before but in the process the current users immediately noticed. If it were up to me I'd probably make future models split the difference between how the b2 and b3 feel; sometimes the b2 feels a little too soft to me and other times I like them. I wouldn't want the b3 any firmer but I'll buy them again when my current pair is used up.

Overall I prefer the b2 for the days when my legs just feel beat up and I need the super cushy ride. I prefer the b3 for tempo and races, they feel faster when I want to go fast. Most of the time either works for me.

At the end of the day these are like every other shoe out there. Reviews go both ways, the only way to know if you'll like them or not is to try them yourself. Go with someplace like Rei or runningwarehouse with good return policies so if you don't like them you can just return them...

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Bondi 2's and 3's [iswimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's the difference between the B3 and the conquests?
Quote Reply