Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Retailers ...
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the criptic subject line, but I didn't have the balls to post another "which bike should I buy" thread. Anyway, you guys and gals who have experience with multiple brands and models here goes.

All togther now ... Fit is the most important thing! There I said it. But that being said, I'm sure that after I get FISTed, the answer will not be as clear-cut as "you need bike X." I will still have a choice to make between a few models, so I want to collect some opinions. I like the looks of the P2SL, Felt S22 and QR kilo or tequilo. In all of these, I like the features, I like the spec and I like the price. Any others that I've missed in the same category, I'm all ears. Assuming my fit gives me a choice between any of these, I'm going for comfort. I weigh 170, I'm fairly fit, fairly limber. But a man needs to know his limitations. I'm not getting any younger and I'm kind of a wus. Those of you who have experience with these frames, let's hear it. I'm not a big power guy. I just get 'er up to a good cadence and keep it going. Compliance is the name of the game here.

Oh yea, and I've already heard the one about wheel/tire selection being more important to comfort. I agree. But I'm not shopping for wheels and tires, I'm shopping for a bike right now.

Thanks for your help with my version of the ST question that won't go away.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Retailers ... [slowbill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All nice bikes. Only one is "aero" that will actually save you some time over 40K since these are tri bikes. Go for the P2SL - nice bike, aero, annodized and you get to feel like part of the Cervelo Mafia family (like me finally). Again, assuming fit of course. Remember comfort trumps all for long distance (aero doesn't matter if don't ride aero), then aero bike/wheels, then last is weight.

Quote | Reply
You realize that in your original post you have preempted everything that anyone on this board was going to say.

I like the colour of the QR Kilo. Buy that one.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMHO you're not likely to have any measurable difference in performance on any of those bikes... get the one that fits you and you like the best. You'll ride the bike more if you like how it looks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the "cool black one" and get free entry into "the family" as well as learn the secret handshake :-).

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bike do you currently ride. I ask because if comfort is your criteria, you may be better off on a road bike with clip ons.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Retailers ... [sbr140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently riding a road bike with clip-ons. I've been on exactly four group rides in the last two years. Just looking for the right bike for the type of riding I do. I'll just clarify that when I say comfort, I mean the ride of the bike itself. I plan on being fit by a pro, so comfort of position is a given (after a period of adjustment of course). I'm pretty lean and pretty limber, so I think the fitter will have something to work with. Being in a comfortable POSITION is not my concern. Being on a comfortable BIKE is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P2SL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lots of input from the dark side here. Any of you Jedis want to weigh in?
Quote Reply