Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bukQwpVCjIc

The video says it all. This is where i used to work, Venice and Santa Monica gets this clientele every day in the summer. watch and discuss;
Last edited by: monty: Aug 1, 15 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that on the news last night. Always fun working with the public.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it on several news shows, even some national ones. Looks like this is going to get millions of views from all the Facebook posts too. I called some friends and they know the lifeguard, I think ex military. And as you can see, he is no skinny swimmer type, more like the hole man in water polo. But it all turned when a local got into it and helped him isolate the big guy, and then it was lights out for him. Two huge thumbs up for that guy to jump in and help the guard, and especially since the guy he ended up with was twice his size.

Guessing they are all going to get time for this, same as attacking a cop or fireman. In fact, we are all LA county fire dept employees, so probably going to get the book thrown at them for sucker jumping the guy. And how annoying is the girl, screaming sexual harassment. Seems she is a real piece of work, and probably the reason for the fight in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You go to the beach to have fun, right? So some idiots end up in jail.
Just once I would like to see a video of the entire incident. Although this one shows enough to see who was in the wrong. Now that you are older and wiser, would you have de-esculated the situation?
I know, sometimes there is nothing one can do to prevent this from happening.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty, what was the point of that? not saying the lifeguards are sposed to be those British guards but why did the dude come out of the hut? I imagine there are drunk a-holes out there every day.
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I heard through the grapevine,but no idea if it's accurate is the guard told the jerkoffs to exinguish their cigarette as there's no smoking on the pier, and apparently they threw the butt into the tower
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, you can here the guard say that on the video. Hope the girl gets charged with assault for kicking.
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
yep, you can here the guard say that on the video. Hope the girl gets charged with assault for kicking.

She runs over and starts kicking him then screams victim. WTF

Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:

+1. I feel sexually harassed for having to heart that shrill cow bleeting about sexual harassment.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty, what was the point of that? not saying the lifeguards are sposed to be those British guards but why did the dude come out of the hut? I imagine there are drunk a-holes out there every day. //

The other poster said it, they were told to put out the cigs, and she threw it up into the tower. Yes it would be standard procedure to get down and talk to the people, that is mostly what the pier guard does all day, besides watching the water. But as you can see in the video, before his feet even hit the ground, they jumped him and started pummeling him. I can tell you that he would have been in shock, this just does not happen. You just usually get down and talk to folks, and they usually get it and move on. You could see(he could not as he was backing down) that they moved in on him and had every intention of attacking him, as both went at it at the same time. And the girls even jumped in to get a few licks.

If talking to them didn't work, then you escalate it to calling the cops, but you always try and work it out first.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks.

its so boring; having to protect/serve "people" who aren't worthy of the term...
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Aug 1, 15 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just once I would like to see a video of the entire incident. Although this one shows enough to see who was in the wrong. Now that you are older and wiser, would you have de-esculated the situation? //

Well, one could have just not done their job, and let them smoke away. But beyond that, it just looked like they were hell bent on giving the guard a beat down. Im sure the verbal altercation before hand was a bit x rated, but from what i could hear, they just did not want to comply, then flicked the cig into the tower. There really was something wrong with this group, just check out the chick after it appears to be over. She could not let it go, and violence seems to be her go to method of expressing herself. Thats good too, she will need that where she is going.

I will find out more details later as many of my good friends know this guy, and i will see what the dept does too. I really hope he does not get any crap for this, the only thing i see is when he goes after the huge guy after he knocks out the other one. His adrenaline had to be going through the roof at that moment, and he may not even have known that some bystander jumped in to help him out. He was just basically punching his way out of being mauled, so probably was in survival mode at the time.

He did collect himself enough though by the time the chick sucker punched him from behind, I thought he was going to give her one good punch. But the other guard put her in a headlock and took her to the ground, and he kept at bay, even when she came one more time. Think that is when you hear, "Keep that bitch away from me!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah,
What the hell?

Yes, not very professional. Lifeguard is the physical aggressor.
Guard should have radio'd for police support instead of engaging (if he felt threatened).

Taking matters in your own hands is going to get expensive.
I bet these scumbags are lawyering up as we speak and the city is going to have to pay for it in a settlement.

Bad publicity all around.

dsmallwood wrote:
monty, what was the point of that? not saying the lifeguards are sposed to be those British guards but why did the dude come out of the hut? I imagine there are drunk a-holes out there every day.

Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, not very professional. Lifeguard is the physical aggressor. //

You don't say, what video were you watching? He never had a chance to be aggressive, he got jumped with his back to them before he even hit the ground. Pretty sure no jury I could imagine would see it any other way. And getting out of the tower is not being the aggressor, it is his job. Like saying a cop pulling you over was the aggressor just for stopping you, so give him a beat down when he comes to your door.
Last edited by: monty: Aug 1, 15 17:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The woman keeps yapping and reminding the life guard that he sexually "harassted" her, makes me wonder what happened before the cigarette flinging? I surmise there was an incident between the guard and the woman, who then goes to get her dude, and that's where the video begins.
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh... not sure how you got that the lifeguard was the aggressor. He was attacked from behind by three people. He just happened to be able to save his own ass by beating the shit out of them with the help of the guy with the traffic cone.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big props to the bystander with the cone, where's the folding chair when ya need it?!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [spool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spool wrote:
The woman keeps yapping and reminding the life guard that he sexually "harassted" her, makes me wonder what happened before the cigarette flinging? I surmise there was an incident between the guard and the woman, who then goes to get her dude, and that's where the video begins.

No way. Not a single credible syllable comes out of her mouth. It's just the only thing she can think of to get the lifeguard in trouble with and save her own ass.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way. Not a single credible syllable comes out of her mouth. It's just the only thing she can think of to get the lifeguard in trouble with and save her own ass. //

She probably had no idea that the whole thing was being filmed, and figured crying sexual harassment would get her some sympathy, credibility, help, or later on some plausible reason for all of them beating down the guard. Surprised she was not yelling rape. But later on when she sucker punches the guy with his back to her, and she gets head locked to the ground, you hear the sexual battery shit coming out of her mouth again. Seems like she has figured out that it can be a weapon in fighting with dudes. Wont do her much good where she is going though, hope she doesn't mind girls..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the Slowtwitch outrage and shaming at how fat the lifeguard is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never trust people walking around the beach and not wearing swim wear.
Quote Reply
Re: Here are the guys protecting you in LA triathlons.Probably shouldn't give them any shit [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Where is the Slowtwitch outrage and shaming at how fat the lifeguard is?

He put the beat down on that one guy and there's a rumor he's ex-military. ST knows better than to pick on someone his size, unless he's riding a bike- then his seat's too high.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The vid where the guard did not radio for back-up/support/law enforcement.

Look, I despise these kind of thugs, but what if they had been armed?

I stand by my assessment of bad judgement of turning your back / climbing down there at this stage of escalation.

Radio for the cops. It's SOP, or not?

monty wrote:
Yes, not very professional. Lifeguard is the physical aggressor. //

You don't say, what video were you watching? He never had a chance to be aggressive, he got jumped with his back to them before he even hit the ground. Pretty sure no jury I could imagine would see it any other way. And getting out of the tower is not being the aggressor, it is his job. Like saying a cop pulling you over was the aggressor just for stopping you, so give him a beat down when he comes to your door.
Last edited by: windschatten: Aug 1, 15 22:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I worked in Newport and we used soft buoys. LA uses hard plastic cans, better to use against animals like this that are more frequent in LA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they looked like they wanted trouble

they were ready to fight as soon as he started to climb down

the girl got progressively more annoying as it wasn't working out her way

the bloke getting laid out got exactly what he deserved

they collectively need to be put away
Quote Reply

Prev Next