Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help w/ swim technique...the man in the mirror!
Quote | Reply
After 2 months of Infinite Pool workouts I have a much better understanding of my swim technique. Pretty cool to watch yourself in the mirror. But I have a few questions:

#1: Hand entry- Should my hand enter and extend palm DOWN? or should it be more at an angle... It seems that I enter the water and my thumb is a little down w/ my palms turned a little outward...

#2: The CATCH??- It seems that my tendency is to enter, extend, and then my hand pulls outward as it comes down along my body.....if i don't think about it my hand/arm seem to really pull outward away from midline in a pretty big S-curve??? Should I be catching and pulling more down in the midline???

Also, how about body roll?? As I extend my arm out forward, should I roll my shoulder such that my armpit is really pointing down at the pool bottom?? I seem to not roll that much...

#3: The FINISH: Once I make the catch and begin to pull through, should this be a really fast motion??? I seem to have a really easy/fluid pull through w/ a slow turnover? I think I could be faster if I really accelerated the speed of this pull.
Do I extend my arm/hand back until I touch my hand to my hip prior to recovery???

Thanks for the help.
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Help w/ swim technique...the man in the mirror! [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holden,
I just came across this yesterday, and if nothing else, it gives some interesting food for thought: http://www.swim.ee/models/_free_swim1.html
I'm especially interested in the descriptions of when/how to breathe and the timing of stroke phases.
Quote Reply