Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help shaving my back?
Quote | Reply
So I'm recently divorced and used to have my ex help trim my back since it's naturally quite hairy. This isn't an issue over the winter but once I start shaving my legs and arms for race season the back hair will have to go too and I can't do it myself. I haven't gotten another lady close enough to where I could ask her to do it and I don't see any of my male friends agreeing to the proposition either. Do any of you pay to have your back waxed? Give me some advice as I need options...
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [SwiftRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laser hair removal.

/end

When I was single, I just let it go and it got pretty bad. Once I started dating my current gf, she would buzz it for me with clippers which kept it under control for about 2-3 weeks. I just had my back done laser'd before Christmas and 98% of the hair is gone. I go back for another treatment in a week. Best thing I have ever done.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mangroomer.

/thread.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the laser hair removal... or a wax.

Waxing anywhere HURTS the first time - and a little less every time after that. Hair that's been around for a while has much thicker roots that hair that grows in between waxes.
Last edited by: ratherbeswimmin: Jan 30, 15 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much did that cost you? I've been considering the laser myself
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use this.

It isn't perfect, but I don't hate it. It's on me to be a little more thorough as well.

http://www.bakblade.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, I have a random/odd/stupid/embarrassing question that's been bugging me for awhile but I had no idea who to ask, but since you guys brought this up I'll throw it out there... Where do you stop? My back hair has never really bothered me before but now that I'm the pool several times per week it's been on my mind. I thought about having my wife help trim it down with a pair of clippers (I assume that will be less itchy than shaving), but where do you stop? I have hair on my shoulders, chest, stomach, etc. as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
put an ad on Craigslist. Probably someone with a back-hair-removal fetish who would do it for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't you just tape a bit of dowel (or something) to a normal length razor?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a wahl peanut trimmer, my wife does my back for me too. as far as where to stop, that depends on how hairy you are, im pretty bad... no guard on the back or chest for me, i don't always trim my legs or arms but when i do i use the smallest guard so there is something there. i do shave smooth any spot on my body that is about to get a bandaid, the way i see it that hair is coming off one way or another and shaving hurts less. before i did my first/only so far HIM i was smooth as a baby seal, the win tunnel showed it saved sometime and i figured 1 minute less on the bike is 1 minute less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Nair.

And a spatula.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe it was 300 for the first session.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have my wife shear me down with a Philips groomer every two weeks. She's very tolerant. I cut pretty much everything on my upper body off. Laser is expensive. I rue the day that the hairless adolescent look became the only socially acceptable look for men... ;)

Note that except for the electric trimmer, manscaping every two weeks is exactly what the Kama Sutra recommends for the well-groomed man. Things haven't changed in a thousand years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not interested in shaving your back if that's what you're really after. Try the classified forum.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That note is actually very interesting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also did laser removal. Would recommend it. My wife is into these things so she looked into what was considered safest at the time and had good results.

The treatment I did is called Lightsheer. It is a small vacuum apparatus that will suck in a small part of your skin, then a pulse of laser is applied to that part of skin. It is not painful, but you'll feel it a day or two (like a sunburn feeling). For the whole back, it takes about 15min per session. I was quite hairy, took me 10 sessions. Look into Groupon, Tuango, those kind of offers for deals. Had my 10 sessions for 300$ (someone who doesn't look into coupons wil pay easily 4 times that). My hair is gone 99%. I could have a session or two extra to remove the rest, but at this point, I consider it fine.

After a session, you can't shower / swim for a day or two.

I used to do wax before. Wax is cheap (but painful, depending on amount of hair). The main problem with wax is that there will be a time period of a week or two where hair has grown back a little but it is not strong enough to do another wax treatment (roots need to be strong to be pulled out - else the hair just breaks).
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying your wife had her back done too? Haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you do many swimming stretches? I'm flexible enough to shave my entire back myself using a normal hair clipper. I use a smaller electric razor for the neck around the hairline where I need to be more precise. My back is a bit scratched up after I'm done.

I have a wife who can help me but I learned to be self sufficient during my long days of bachelorhood.

In fact, I'm shaving it down tonight for an indoor tri on Sunday.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 30, 15 19:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Professional waxing salon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wax. legs too. Six weeks to grow back...much easier than shaving and Laser does not work (read: not permanent)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mangroomer, buy on Amazon
Quote Reply
Re: Help shaving my back? [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RallySavage wrote:
Mangroomer, buy on Amazon

Mangoomer will be my first purchase...and hopefully my last in this department!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one of those mangroomers before, it was a piece of shit. that was like 5+ years ago though, maybe they are better now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a mangroomer. It's pretty easy to reach your entire back (also great for mowing down legs pre-shave). It cuts clipper-close, so you're not going to get razor smooth (but how long does that last).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply