Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help needed with zipp r2c shifter
Quote | Reply
I have a zipp r2c shifter that works with the rear der. but after removing this from one bar to another it doesn t work proparly anymore. When there is no cable placed i can endlessly 'shift'. I expected that i could make 10 clicks and that there is a stop but that is not the case.
With a innercable attached to the rear der. i can make like 15 shift clicks before it stops.
I already too it apart and back together but its not working.
Anyone seeing something i just missed?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Help needed with zipp r2c shifter [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to the pdf that shows how to put an R2C shifter back together - it's kinda like a watch:

www.zipp.com/_media/pdfs/support/R2C-Rebuild.pdf

This is for the Vukas, but the internal parts are the same. It is probably worthwhile to get a rebuild kit, since when the R2Cs go south, there's not much that can be done other than the rebuild.

Good luck!

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you followed this guide? http://www.zipp.com/...port/R2C-Rebuild.pdf

I found it helpful when servicing my R2Cs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can't fix it I might have an old one laying around (upgraded to di2). if you are interested send me a PM to let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
I have a zipp r2c shifter that works with the rear der. but after removing this from one bar to another it doesn t work proparly anymore. When there is no cable placed i can endlessly 'shift'. I expected that i could make 10 clicks and that there is a stop but that is not the case.
With a innercable attached to the rear der. i can make like 15 shift clicks before it stops.
I already too it apart and back together but its not working.
Anyone seeing something i just missed?

Thanks,

Jeroen

I believe that it's the same mechanism as the SRAM R2C. You can find rebuild kits on EBay for $25. Eventually, the teeth on the teeny tiny pawls break off (really artful mechanism, though not terribly robust.) But, grime can also get in and prevent the return spring from maintaining contact between the pawl(s) and the gear. First clean, then inspect all the parts. Replace / rebuild if damaged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried these and would advise after the rebuild kit to look for an alternative shifter. It seems like they spent all the money on these on the exterior finish and scrimped on the innards. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: Help needed with zipp r2c shifter [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but did this and followed the guide thorough but it is not working.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply