Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Help me pick my P5 Paint ...
Quote | Reply
First off - the guys at Hot Tubes - Jordan and Toby...outstanding and patient artists!!! I have probably hummed and hawwed over what feels like forever on this repaint....

So why not put the vote to the toughest crowd I know - ST!!!!

Not that it matters - but race wheels are Reynolds Aero 72 in the front and a Reynolds Element disc in the rear....and hoping to find a Aero 90 to use if I can't use the disc....still searching... Tridill!!!! ;-)

Here are the options we have it narrowed down to...... vote away.... I know they all look relatively similar....

The white on the frames would not be bright white - but more like the grey-white (like the new P2 white). Frame is all matte.

Option 1 (will have red pinstripe on fork and no M-dot on fork (will be on top tube) and will have P5 on chain stay) + Cervelo down the fork

Option 2 - cervelo on fork

Option 3 (cervelo on fork)

Option 4 - no m-dot but cervelo on fork.

Thanks for the help....

Quote | Reply
If you HAVE to do red, the #4 is sweet. The black will literally suck the soul out of other bikes as you pass them. But DEFINTELY remove the MDOT logo. It's super cheesy.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red....it's in my nature - being a good Canadian... ;-) And besides - it has to match my race kit right? ;-) Thanks for the vote...

Quote | Reply
jar70 wrote:
Red....it's in my nature - being a good Canadian... ;-) And besides - it has to match my race kit right? ;-) Thanks for the vote...

It'd be cool if you changed the MDOT to the Canadia leaf thingy. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 or 4, and agree to dump the m-dot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like 2 and 4 with a slight preference to 4.

And another vote to ditch the Mdot logo.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So probably a good thing that my original idea was to have the Mdot where the maple leaf is.....but changed my mind to a more subtle one....

I know there are a few (a lot?) non-WTC fans .... but IM has been a very important part of my life for 16 years now.... so ya, smaller M-dot for sure...and probably on the top of the top tube..more discrete and subtle...

Thanks for the votes - interesting that #4 was an outlying choice .... but I may be tempted...I did want the full stealth black to begin with....so we'll see....

Quote | Reply
Option 2. Skip the M-dot logo and the outline on the Cervelo "e".
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Option 2. Skip the M-dot logo and the outline on the Cervelo "e".

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote would be for whatever one didn't have mdot. . But it's your bike so do whatever you want. It's just a brand, just like the other two you have on there. No one has issues with those for some reason.

I like 3. Could you do it without the red / black fade in the cervelo logo?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

/thread

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jar70 wrote:
So probably a good thing that my original idea was to have the Mdot where the maple leaf is.....but changed my mind to a more subtle one....

I know there are a few (a lot?) non-WTC fans .... but IM has been a very important part of my life for 16 years now.... so ya, smaller M-dot for sure...and probably on the top of the top tube..more discrete and subtle...

Thanks for the votes - interesting that #4 was an outlying choice .... but I may be tempted...I did want the full stealth black to begin with....so we'll see....

If it's very meaningful to you, I'd say go for small, discrete m-dot on top surface of the top tube like you suggested above.
Last edited by: surroundhound: May 3, 15 14:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say 4 and like the above poster said do a small M-Dot maybe on the top tube. You could just get a sticker that way if something happened and you started to HATE them you could take it off. And having it on the top tube might be good motivation when you're struggling a bit and need that extra boost.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4, no m-dot. Leave that for the wannabes.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just in, according to Grim you are a wannabe if you have an Mdot sticker on your car, wear any article of clothing that has an Mdot logo on it, have any race pictures, race bibs etc. on your wall that feature an Mdot and if an Mdot is anywhere on your bike or on or around your person at any time in your life.

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Last edited by: shivermetimbers: May 3, 15 15:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#3 If you want white on it.
#4 If you want to look stealthy and fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap...guilty on all accounts.... ;-) You forgot tattoo (guilty again)..... Oh well.... 'certified' wannabe.... there could be worse things in life right.....right???? ;-)

Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
If you HAVE to do red, the #4 is sweet. The black will literally suck the soul out of other bikes as you pass them. But DEFINTELY remove the MDOT logo. It's super cheesy.

THIS

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like 4, then again my bike is almost 100% black so I may be biased. If they can pull off the red to black fade in those spots I think it will look amazing and stand out better then the ones that have white.

Since you wanted the M dot I say put it on there somewhere, ignore the people here that don't understand that not everything has to do with a brand and if it means something do you then that is all that matters.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
4, no m-dot.

this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd probably go 4 with no M-Dot, but I don't do tris:) TT only!! Anyways the real reason I responded was to say that I had hot tubes do my P2 over in matte black with a simple cervelo on the down tube in grey and it came out great! I think you will be really happy with the work. I'm guessing you are not local given all the canadian stuff, but if you get a chance to check out their shop, do it, its really cool. My only real criticism is it took a bit longer than it was quoted to take, IIRC he quoted me a few weeks and it ended up being a few more, but the quality was top notch. You'll be really happy no matter what you end up choosing.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me pick my P5 Paint ... [jsoderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...no not local at all - but Toby has done work for me in the past - and it was outstanding - it was a P3 al painted all black - pretty basic - but the paint job has held up for almost 4 years now - and still looks amazing.... no chipping or anything (and I am VERY particular about my equipment).

Jordan has been working overtime on this design with me - I have gone back to him time and time again - but he is so fast to respond and always positive. VERY patient and willing to get it "just right".

I am really looking forward to seeing the end product.

You guys may have tipped my opinion to the stealth one.... FYI - one of the things I really liked about the designs was the fading from black to red as well - that is super unique and I am a big fan of it. Cool idea! Makes it flow (IMO).

Appreciate the suggestions and feedback - thanks guys.

Quote | Reply
shivermetimbers wrote:
This just in, according to Grim you are a wannabe if you have an Mdot sticker on your car, wear any article of clothing that has an Mdot logo on it, have any race pictures, race bibs etc. on your wall that feature an Mdot and if an Mdot is anywhere on your bike or on or around your person at any time in your life.

You missed out the glasses, cowbells and, my personal favourite merchanding item, the unmissable scent of ironman cologne. I am reliably informed that it does not actually smell like an actual ironman finisher.

Anyways, black is a good option. Is it coming with tubs or clinchers?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
indeed without m-dot
Last edited by: longtrousers: May 4, 15 1:00
Quote Reply

Prev Next