Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler
Quote | Reply
OK. So now that things are really heating between the two, I need to pick a horse in this race so I can talk crap about the other. I'm leaning towards taking Macca, but I can easily be convinced otherwise. BTW, who I root for doesn't need to be based on anything rational or reasonable. After all, there's no reason I should root for UCLA, but I do.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot, root for both and when they are in the same race, let the chips fall as they may.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [Gator1736] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always just go with the American. Oh, wait...

Quote | Reply
Well, you got two great athletes and two firey temperments. Good for us!

Me, I'm a Stadler guy. That's not to say I'm also not a fan of Macca- I am. But given a choice between the two lads I think Normann is class of the group- and it is as close a call as their race in Kona.

The big question is.... which one of them is going to Thailand next month?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the thing, I want to hate one of them like I hate the SF giants. It's just so much more fun that way. I'm not a mature adult like you. I'm an idiot sports fan guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mecca you only need to use 3 letters to type his name.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
macca macca macca

I love how he's putting it out there that he's gonna kick Normann's ass next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mecca you only need to use 3 letters to type his name.

Or 4 if you spell it wrong.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]That's the thing, I want to hate one of them like I hate the SF giants. It's just so much more fun that way. I'm not a mature adult like you. I'm an idiot sports fan guy.[/reply]

Yes, but now that Barry has announced he's leaving...who ya gonna hate?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think you have to go with Stadler

1- cooler name

2- rides a Kuota (badass bike)

3- he is not claiming to be the best when clearly he is the second best

4- mecca sounds like a middle-eastern seafood

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca, because Normann has that circular tattoo around his belly button. That's so gay. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can still hate the Gnats (no misspelling there), Barry or no Barry. They're steeling my Padres manager. Them and the Dodgers are the two teams I like to see loose. PS. go Cards!

By the way, I like Macca too.

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5-2 Macca as of now.
Last edited by: Gator1736: Oct 27, 06 16:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca-

Stadler's way too insecure for my taste. Anyone who wins Ironman World Championships then starts immediately bitching about the guy he just beat is clearly escared of something.

If Normann is escared, he should just buy a dog. If he'd kept his mouth shut he'd be better off.

Either way, this is AWESOME for ironman! Can't wait until next year when Macca starts showing up at all of Normann's races. 'But I won Hawaii' is gonna get old when you keep getting your ass handed to you, especially when as Tom says-'you're only as good as your last race.'

And i'm a huge Stadler fan...but who wins then starts bitching? Does he know he won?
Last edited by: eganski: Oct 27, 06 16:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
true but in world championships its

stadler-2

mecca-0

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it. "
Steve Irwin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make it 6-2 , I am for Macca :).
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [crikey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"true but in world championships its

stadler-2

mecca-0"

wrong....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a Stadler fan.

I thought Stadler was portrayed as a huge baby last year by not finishing the race. I know he took a lot of heat from it. Although I respect that choice and am certain it was one of the toughest for him to ever make. At the time, I had never experienced a flat in a race or a bee sting.

Fast forward to this year...during the DATTT I flatted 3 times and ran out of C02 during the Sat morning race. On the Sat afternoon race I was stung by a bee.....boy did I want to quit. My perspective changed rather quickly and now I can understand the frustration Norman was feeling. I also can understand why a pro should drop out of a race....but I was brought up to "never quite or give up".

He recently stated in a interview with Inside Triathlon, that he will never quite a race again after all the emails he recieved from IMH 2005. He crashed twice during Ironman Europe and still finished the race. He won IMH, he seems very down to earth and not "showy" at all. I have a huge respect for him now.

Go Norman!

http://cmkracing.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [fatman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Convincing argument. Actually, his dropping out and frustration last year made total sense to me. I didn't understand all the criticism.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide who I should be a fan of: Macca or Stadler [tjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca is just embarassing himself now. It's hard to cheer for a guy that does that. Does he have no respect for himself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either, this is the best thing that could have happened for triathlon in general and Ironman in particular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca for me too

Or, how about this for reasoning since most of us come from one main discipline or another:

Biker guy: Stadler
Runner: Macca
Swimmer: Faris

Easy enough?

Quote | Reply
Macca. He is a better triathlete overall

Jorge Martinez
Head Coach - Sports Science
E3 Training Solutions, LLC
@CoachJorgeM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for Macca as well. Fatman has a good point, Stadler was a big baby last year when he flatted -- throwing his bike and chewing on his tires.

An athlete of his caliber should know how to change a flat -- no excuse.
Quote Reply

Prev Next