Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me decide on an upgrade
Quote | Reply
What I have:
2012 P2 with Dura Ace group, FSA crank, 3T aerobars, Flo wheels.

What I'm thinking about doing:
Purchasing 2014/15 P2 frame, transfer over group, cockpit, saddle, etc.

Issue 1: Cervelo does not sell just the new P2 frame.
Solution 1: Buy the full P2, sell what I don't need. Cost $2,000
Solution 2: Buy the full P2, bike shop keeps everything but the frame. Cost $1,600

Is this a worthwhile upgrade? Should I even bother with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide on an upgrade [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is definitely the budget way to a really good bike. I am not sure on the exact number, but I beleive the np2/np3 are faster than the older counterpart.

As for selling components to lbs vs. online. I might lobby to buy the complete bike and sell off what you don't want. Plus, it's easier to sell off a complete bike vs. a frame (in reference to your old bike). So if you absolutely don't want the 11 speed (might be a decent time to upgrade as I don't think you are missing much from the dura ace to 105 in reference to tri) due to wheel compatibility issues, you can at least transplant the parts to your old bike and go that way. I think you could net more than $400 from all the other parts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not buy full P2, transfer over what you don't want to your old P2 and sell the complete old bike?

Likely you will get a new P2 with what you want and be able to sell the old one for a good chunk of change,

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1600 to $2000 to go from an old P2 to new P2, with the same components, wheels....as previously ?

I would take some of that, go to an aerocamp or tunnel, get the truth and spend the remainder on fixing the bigger ticket items.

I suspect that money would be better spent finding the true drag culprits than the difference between the old and new P2 frames.
Quote Reply