Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help in Jacksonville with run
Quote | Reply
I am in town for a few days. Can you recommend a spot to go for a long run? Looking for shade, views, no cars if possible. I will drive to any place for a good 1-2 hour run. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Help in Jacksonville with run [greggtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where in Jacksonville are you? Downtown or at the Beaches?
Quote Reply
Re: Help in Jacksonville with run [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will drive anywhere. Just looking for a good run. I would prefer more shade and nature than the beach. I run at the beach everyday back home in palm beach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the Baldwin Trail on the westside. It's 14 miles long and plenty of shade. Several rest stops with water and bathrooms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live NE of Jax on Amelia Island. We have a paved recreation trail on the south end of the island (approx 6 miles long) that will head south. Shaded the entire way then open for a mile as you run off the island on a bridge, then you can connect with the trail on Big Talbot Island (empty state park) for another 5ish miles. You could park on the south end of Big Talbot and run north. It's about 20 miles from 295E on Hecksher Drive. You'd have to be self sufficient with fluids though because there's NOTHING on Big Talbot and the closest gas station from the bridge on the south end of Amelia Island is about 3 miles away. There's 2-3 parking lots for the trail on Big Talbot and another right when you get on Amelia Island.

http://ameliaislandtrail.org

Haven't really ran in Jax other than races.
Quote Reply
Re: Help in Jacksonville with run [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brandon. This looks good!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, the trail is 14 miles out with the first water stop around mile 8ish or so. I would definitely plan on being self-sufficient. Not much out there nearby the trail head either, but it is a nice area. Recently started taking the Ms. Savage out there to get comfortable on her road bike.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Little Talbot Island State Park meets none of your criteria.

5 miles of beach that is like beach before we wrecked them. The primary and secondary dunes are intact. Very few people venture away from the wooden fly-ways over the dunes that connect parking to the beach in only two areas. There is a trail through the woods on the north end of the island. Bring some water, sun screen, four dollars, and prepare for one of the most beautiful 10 mile beach runs you will ever have.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/littletalbotisland/
Quote Reply