Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help Me Spend Money [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if I could do a Retul fit with the Redshift system and get dialed in for both positions. Seems like it'd be the best way to go at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Spend Money [boszoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm skeptical about the red shift but mostly because I haven't had the chance to actually use it. I think its possible to get a good aero position while maintaining your road setup if your arm pads sit low and you play with extension length and angle. It won't be super low and aggressive but it will also not require the fiddling back and forth.

I would say:
latex tubes
aero bars
fast tires
aero helmet
trisuit
disc cover if there is still money left...
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Spend Money [boszoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Boszoom - I know I'm a little late to the thread, but I thought I'd jump in with some info about the Redshift products (I'm one of the cofounders of the company). The seatpost moves you forward 50mm, which corresponds to about a 4 degree change in effective seat tube angle. What we generally recommend that if you're happy with your road saddle position, then you recreate that same saddle position with the seatpost in the rearward (road) position. For most people, the resulting forward aero position will position you appropriately to ride comfortably and efficiently in the aero position on a road bike.

Since you can't adjust the amount of forward travel, you won't be able to match a specific Retul specified saddle position in both road and tri positions. However, the seatpost will maintain the same BB to saddle distance in both positions, so your leg extension will be correct in both road and aero. Also, you can dial in up to 5 degrees of differential saddle tilt in the two positions (i.e., you can choose to have the same tilt in both positions, or you can choose to have the saddle tilted down up to 5 degrees more in the aero position vs. the road position).

And if it helps, we offer a 30-day trial period with free shipping and free return shipping, so you can always try out the products with no risk our out-of-pocket cost if you decide to return them (well, within the continental US anyway). Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next