Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help, using Aspide tri saddle with Thompson post
Quote | Reply
sorry,

i bought the new Aspide narrow saddle and put it on a Thompson straight post but i can't seem to get the seat level. actually i like it to be nose down a degree or 2. but this i can't even get level unless i slide the seat all the way back. and i mean all the way back. which defeats the purpose of a straight post.

are the rails different on this saddle? is there a problem with the thompson post?

any suggestions? a longer bolt will not solve the problem since the front bolt is in as far as it will go.

thanks

bb

Quote | Reply
Look at the top plate,it has a FRONT marked on it, the top plate might be on backwards,I just put the Aspides bigger brother on a Thompson without any problems.Randall
Quote Reply
Re: Help, using Aspide tri saddle with Thompson post [billb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with a trigel on a Thompson straight post on a Saber. Ended up replacing the seatpost :(
Quote Reply
Re: Help, using Aspide tri saddle with Thompson post [billb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently set up the same combo. My sattle is nose down a few degrees and is forward of neutral 3 or 4 hashmarks and fits fine. I did notice that you have to carefully tighten both screws a little at a time. When the screws on the saddle start to engage a small turn can elevate or raise the saddle a lot. To get access to both screws I had to turn the seat 90 degrees, tighten the saddle screws, then straighten the seat and tighten the seatpost collar. Hope this helps......
Quote Reply
thanks, that worked [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply