Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed Track Conversion Kit
Quote | Reply
hey all,
So i have H3's for my tri bike, but my gf is getting to be a pretty competitive track cyclist, and i'd like to be able to lend her my tri-spokes (at least the front, and maybe we'd share a disc too). Has anyone ever used the track conversion kit that hed sells... is it something fairly straightforward to switch back and forth, or is it more of a one time deal?

Also, is there a difference in spacing between a track fork and a road fork?

Thanks so much for the info... trying to do something nice for her, cuz well, she's awesome and I love her, but I'm fairly poor as a grad student, so can't buy her the IO and the Comete just yet :-)

-Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Track Conversion Kit [woden2003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changing out the road/track axles on the front is super easy. One side just screws off, and you slide the thing out. Be careful not to overtighten the new one so that the wheel doesn't spin freely.
I talked to HED, and they recommended sending the wheel to them to do the rear. Apparently it can be a little more involved.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed Track Conversion Kit [Robroo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She might have to just get her own rear wheel... and we can swap the front back and forth. has anyone ever used a wheel cover for a track wheel? I mean as a temporary solution before i hit the lotto and can buy her what I want and what I think she deserves :-P
Quote Reply