Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Monitor (((HELP)))
Quote | Reply
OK this is really simple.. I just had a very bad experience at Lifetime Fitness.. And I need some help. I need a heart rate monitor that can remind me every 20 min to eat. That is all..It just needs to beep to a preset time. Which models can do this? They sold me the rS200 that doesn't have the capability SO I returned it. Ps there return policy sucks.. they told me I would have the money in 2 weeks.. that is crap

Please help!!

Chip
Quote Reply
Re: Heart Rate Monitor (((HELP))) [badhabitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any suggestions for you on the eating reminder, but I'd sure like to hear what happened at Lifetime. Sounds like one of those "funny/humiliating/awful thing happened to me while I was working out . . . ." stories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look for ones that have a count down timer on them. I have an older Sports Instruments and it has that feature, also I believe several of the Timex Ironman Brand ones do as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timex Bodylink. Mine's been bombproof. And it has a countdown timer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm confused...

Did you have a problems at the LTF Triathlon with eating or did you buy your HRM at Lifetime Fitness and they screwed you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most Timex HRMs have countdown timers that you can set to beep every 20 minutes - you don't necessarily need the Bodylink. FWIW, the RS200 doesn't have a countdown timer, per se, but it does have an interval timer - you can set the exercise limits to zero and it will beep every 20 minutes, like a regular timer. What I prefer with the Timex is that the beeping is long and loud - on the Polar, it is a very discrete beep-beep that isn't quite obvious. Also, on the Timex, if you choose the advanced models, you can use the countdown timer seperately from the linked timers - each has a distinct tone when it beeps - so for example, you could be reminded to eat every 20 minutes while doing a 10-and-1 run interval.

Anyhow, go Timex for sure for what you've described...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Polar has a timer feature that will allow you to set multiple timers. So for example, you could set one for 20 minutes, and then another one to go off every 10 min after or however you wanted. Its a great feature to have, but for the HRM, I get a ton of interference. My max data is almost always about 50 bpm higher than my actual max. And to make it worse, Polar customer service is for shit.

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply