Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting?
Quote | Reply
Is this a good idea? And a few days before a Fondo? Is this a good idea?

I'm not going to nats and feel like I need some type of athletic challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it's a good idea. Better yet, do a 4x 400 at the same time and take video.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Define "cake". Are we taking about a sheet cake or like the 7 Layer Cake from Cheesecake Factory? Wink

Similar to your challenge, one football Sunday this fall I will be hosting P13's 10K Challenge. Goal - consumer 10,000 calories during the day.

It could get real ugly.....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what kind of cake are you contemplating. Ice cream cake is really the best kind of cake for binging. My son and I put down a small lemon/vanilla cake with some kind of pink frosting tonight after dinner.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually pretty reasonable as cake goes. A GF concoction (yes, I'm one of those annoying types) of chocolate and a light peanut butter frosting. Cheese cake might be a little too much to tackle the first time out, but is something to aim for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finished a whole mooncake last night. O yeah.

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The day after whistler I ate an entire pie as an appetizer. A whole pie.

For my birthday a few weeks ago my girlfriend made a 9 x 11" tray of tiramisu. It didn't survive the evening.

You can do this.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pie? PIE? I applaud your accomplishment but it's not CAKE. Tiramisu would be a good one thought I can envision severe consequences,

BigCheese: sorry for my ignorance but what's a mooncake?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
massively dense baked item from China. A thin, doughy outside with a filling usually made from lotus seed or sweetened red bean paste.

Shouldn't count for purpose of the current discussion as they are more akin to a small cake (think individual size cheese cakes) and are about 750 kcal/per. That said, i've eaten two in a sitting before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for encouragement or do you hope someone will talk you off the ledge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

I don't understand the question.

It's like asking if I've ever eaten dinner.

Of course I've eaten a whole cake. And pie, for that matter, though never at the same time (though I'm suddenly tempted to try). Every time, it's a fantastic idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [drmiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drmiles wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Of course I've eaten a whole cake. And pie, for that matter, though never at the same time (though I'm suddenly tempted to try). Every time, it's a fantastic idea.
Exactly. I strongly recommend eating an entire cake 20' before the gun goes off for your next full. An IM is supposed to be hard, right? Show everyone you're a real man by making it harder. While everyone else is using their $500,000 aero whatever to make it fractionally easier, you step up to show them how real hardmen do it.
Last edited by: SPL Tech: Sep 1, 14 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [SPL Tech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPL Tech wrote:
drmiles wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

Exactly. I strongly recommend eating an entire cake 20' before the gun goes off for your next full. An IM is supposed to be hard, right? Show everyone you're a real man by making it harder. While everyone else is using their $500,000 aero whatever to make it fractionally easier, you step up to show them how real hardmen do it.
how many db's?

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this applies: Any pizza can be a personal pizza if you just believe in yourself.

I've eaten a entire medium size cake in a sitting. I mildly regretted it afterwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This being an athletic challenge?

More like riding with training wheels at 2mph.....

Unless we talk about a wedding cake.

Carl Spackler wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pie wasn't a huge accomplishment, but given the fact that it was an appetizer to an entire meal, I still feel like it was worth mentioning.

The tiramisu was fucking wonderful. No severe consequences were to be had.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

I haven't, but I ate five donuts, a quart of chocolate milk, a pint of chili and a can of coke at one go during a long ride.

That was A W E S O M E. So maybe you should try that.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
Any pizza can be a personal pizza if you just believe in yourself.
So true. So true.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post IMMD, I'll be attempting the B&J 4x4...not much of a cake guy but could easily eat half a normal "sheet" cake with ice cream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have always found NOT eating the entire cake to be the tougher challenge.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think of it like training: A one and done kind of thing has limited to no value here. We've all done it. What you need is repeatability, sustainability, and consistency. When you've done the entire cake eating, day in/ day out for several weeks, that's when you've accomplished something.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-tele wrote:
I have always found NOT eating the entire cake to be the tougher challenge.

I agree. I have finished a whole bottle of tequila in one go too - but I don't recommend that to anyone. Cake is minor leagues by comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great Wall of Chocolate at PF Changs after a normal meal. Beat that Carl! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better question:
If we are talking about Carvel ice cream cake, have I ever NOT eaten the whole cake in one sitting?

I will have to think on it, but I believe the answer is no.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone eaten a whole cake in one sitting? [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you lie down on your side you can eat WAY more cake. It spreads out your stomach plus your blood can flow to stomach region better while lying down.
Quote Reply

Prev Next