Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Re: Hanson advanced marathon plan question [runner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see responses to this too. I remember Daniels saying you should run to your abilities and not to your goals.

Are Hanson's ideas different?

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson advanced marathon plan question [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also not too familiar with Hanson's, so I can't really add much other that what jaretj said about Daniels. Following Daniels plan and running what i "thought" i should run instead of what my current fitness "indicates" i should run has burned me a few times.
Quote Reply
Re: Hanson advanced marathon plan question [WillyMFire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unlike others who seem to be able to run really fast for short distances, I cannot.

Based off of my 10K and 5K paces, Daniels says my paces for track workouts should be a certain speed. I have a very difficult time reaching them and normally fall just short. My training partners that have similar 10K and 5K times just run away from me on the track.

I would like to see Hanson's methods and should probably read up on them this fall/winter. My thoughts are that if you are able to run faster than prescribed paces then you probably have a lot of room for improvement.

I read Brian Clarke's book on 5K and 10K training and he had a lot of interesting ideas about available energy and how to prepare for workouts that required a lot of it.

jaretj
Quote Reply