Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HR Monitors that record time in zones.
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a Sports Instruments Pro 9 partially because it saves HR zone data (5 zones) for the past 5 workouts. Unfortunately it got water inside already so I am returning it and looking for something else. Ideally I would like something that records time in 5 HR zones, 3 would be ok.

I can't tell if the Polars in the $100-150 range record time in each zone or just target zone? The website makes it look like just target zone. I'd prefer not to have to download to my pc to get this info.

Also looking at the Sigma Sport PC 15 as a possible replacement. It is only rated water resistant to 3 meters, though. Doesn't inspire confidence for a triathlon HR monitor!

Any other good options?

Sweet
Quote Reply
Re: HR Monitors that record time in zones. [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Polar RS200sd does that. At just over $200 it may be too expensive.

If you can find it without the footpod it's cheaper.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: HR Monitors that record time in zones. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I definitely don't want/need the footpod thingy. It was just difficult to tell from the Polar site whether or not I could get time in zone without downloading workout data.

Any other options out there?

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Suunto T3 for my gf for Valentine's Day. She's been training with it since and really likes it. I just picked one up for myself for $110 on rei.com. You can select either 3 HR zones or HR limits (upper and lower). It will record the time in each zone or the time in, above, or below your limits. The only thing I don't like is that the zones have to be set based on % of max HR. So if you are using zones from a LT chart you will need to do some math to set them up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need to download the data to view it but you will have to end the workout.

It will hold the last 16 workouts for you.

You can have one of the screens display which zone you are in too. It works pretty well.

jaretj
Quote Reply