Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me!
Quote | Reply
So I am riding home from my easy ride about 5 miles to go...nice long stretch with a small shoulder, tons of sand, glass, and skank on the shoulder so I am riding on the WHITE line. Swear on the bible I did not cross it. Anyway, this SUV pulls up right on my a$$ and lays on the horn, brushes by me and proceeds to get right in front of me and flip me off. HOLY CRAP, I am thinking. I know that SUV. Totally discombobulated, I continue on and realize, THAT"S MY PSYCHO NEIGHBOR SUZANNE (yep a crazy woman LAWYER from Boston who thought it would be nice to move to coastal Maine and commute). Based on other stuff she's done this is her MO...saw her rip the woman at the little gas station about the cost of a bottle of water, she stiffed my plow guy last year for $500+.

While I am not 100% sure it was her....how many other crazy women drive 2 door red Ford Explorere SUV, are enormous (she could kill me by sitting on me) and have that kind of rage...here in little ole' Maine? And, no I did not get her license plate number....but when she comes home tonight, I am going to check out her car!

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"a crazy woman LAWYER "

We can pick our friends. Damn shame it also doesn't apply for neighbors. I'm lucky to have nice ones where I live.
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a "crazy woman lawyer" I take offense. Some of us are nice people. Granted I hate what I do for a living with a passion and don't own a car, much less a large SUV, but still, I fall into that category.
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [almost drowning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]As a "crazy woman lawyer" I take offense. Some of us are nice people. Granted I hate what I do for a living with a passion and don't own a car, much less a large SUV, but still, I fall into that category.[/reply]

Do you fall into the category of "woman lawyer" or "crazy woman lawyer". Subtle difference. :)
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fall into the category of "woman lawyer driving herself crazy because she hates being a lawyer." Stupid student loans.
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad you came out of it alive, if nothing else. I'd still have a talk with her and give her a piece of mind. Sounds like this lady needs to become more aware of the "smaller community" that she now lives in...as for the Ford Explorer, well, that is another story. I guess we triathletes are the target demographic for that vehicle, although I am currently driving in 1992 Toyota Camry (this way I get less speeding tix as I look like a responsible family man...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Post deleted by astrotri [ In reply to ]
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [almost drowning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"As a "crazy woman lawyer" I take offense. Some of us are nice people. Granted I hate what I do for a living with a passion ..."

This is really interesting. I know quite a few lawyers (and I'm married to a crazy woman lawyer) and almost all of them hate what they do for a living with a passion. And it doesn't seem to matter what kind of law they practice.

Thankfully, we've never needed to rely on the income my wife generated as a lawyer, so she practices family law and works mostly for a local ministry that deals with women in drug and alcohol recovery. They all have lots of baggage with abusive husbands, child custody issues, etc. My wife loves what she does 'cuz she's truly helping people who need help. If she gets paid at all, she gets a pittance from DSS.

The only bad thing is that we live in a remote, rural county and she's one of three lawyers. So she gets loaded up with cases from the county that she's required to take. They can only make her handle 7 per year. It's the only part of the deal she hates -- dealing with all the crack-heads and child molesters, etc.

She absolutely hates having to go to continuing legal education programs. She says she'd rather go to a prison to meet with a degenerate client than be in a room full of lawyers. When people meet me, they assume I'm also a lawyer. My wife says to them, "No ... he's not. I have higher standards." ;-)

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I can say is, cell phone camera with video, always carry it. We're coming to the day where you'll be able to mount a video camera that is small and cheap directly on your bike. When you have video evidence it's pretty hard to dispute the facts.
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
This is really interesting. I know quite a few lawyers (and I'm married to a crazy woman lawyer) and almost all of them hate what they do for a living with a passion. And it doesn't seem to matter what kind of law they practice.
[/reply]

Same in my experience, the lawyers that I know range from detesting the job to being mildly disinterested in their jobs. None of them like being lawyers. Usually they gave up on their passions to go to law school, now have big bills, and are caught in a trap.

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
THAT"S MY PSYCHO NEIGHBOR SUZANNE (yep a crazy woman LAWYER from Boston who thought it would be nice to move to coastal Maine and commute).
From my time spent in Maine....I believe these people are called Massholes... :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kill her with kindness. Get her a book of Tim Hortons (or equivelant) gift certificates and mention they are to help her stay awake on her drive home so that she won't accidentally run over an innocent pedestrian or cyclist.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While, I refuse to defend my comment crazy woman lawyer..I would have called her crazy woman banker, doctor, vet, sales rep....regardless this woman is crazy.

I will n ot even attempt to talk to her. She is psycho, and no talking by me would do any good, just inflame her more and I have to live next door. I'll just let my dog poop on her lawn and my kids sing really goofy songs outside playing really really early in the morning!

Had to laugh when someone said ask her to go riding....I wish you could see her! She is scary huge and her husband is even scarier huge! My entire family of four, dog, cat, pony and horse don't even budge the scales they are on. And yep! I am prejudice towards THEM (not everyone who is big) because the bitch and moan about how big they are.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been practicing law for almost six years now and while I started out hating what I was doing, I now generally enjoy it. Some of it isn't much fun, but there are parts of it that are absolutely fantastic. The interesting thing is that I'm doing the same type of work now that I was when I started, but in a different environment (started at large firm, moved to in-house). I think it has a lot to do with the people you work with and the feel of the place. I know many, many lawyers that hate their jobs, but just wanted to point out that not all of us do.
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [The Penguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't hate being a lawyer either. I own my own firm, live in a great town, spend a lot of time with my family, train whenever I want, make decent money, etc. I do know some unhappy lawyers, but I also know a lot of unhappy PEOPLE. I think most people don't like their jobs, which is why the average American changes jobs around 7 times in their lifetimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slap her with a restraining order! Then let her know if she buzzes you again, you'll press charges.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last summer, a law professor down in texas was convicted of a felony (although, iirc, not emprisoned) for hitting a cyclist. there were a few articles about it in the papers, along with the ST threads.
why not print up some of the articles and put it under her windshield wiper?

oh, and you can take the bostonian out of boston...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should go over to her house and say "Gee, I understand you are a lawyer and I need your services to sue some idiot that buzzed me on my bike this morning. She was driving a big red suv, just like yours".

Just wait for the reaction.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell her you got her license plate number, remind her that you also have the right to ride on the road, and that you are going to report it to the cops the next time she pulls that off again.

People like that only respond to threats. They mistrust kindness. Dr. Phil couldn't even get through to her. Don't even try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Had to laugh when someone said ask her to go riding....I wish you could see her! She is scary huge and her husband is even scarier huge! My entire family of four, dog, cat, pony and horse don't even budge the scales they are on. And yep! I am prejudice towards THEM (not everyone who is big) because the bitch and moan about how big they are.
Just for fun - you should buy a box overstuffed with donuts and leave it on her porch with a note that says "Have at it Fatty!". I wouldn't normally recommend this type of behavior, but this lady sounds like a Class A Bitch!
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"This is really interesting. I know quite a few lawyers (and I'm married to a crazy woman lawyer) and almost all of them hate what they do for a living with a passion. And it doesn't seem to matter what kind of law they practice."

I love being a lawyer (for all of 18 months now). My passion was to go to law school and do this job, and I'm happy I chose it. Sure, if I had the option I'd train all week and be a lawyer part-time, but I'm still happy doing it full-time. I know it has a lot to do with who I work for (a great, experienced, ethical attorney), and what I do (commercial litigation and serious bodily injury). Of course, if I had to do family law, I'd off myself.

That said, I would definitely politely confront her, and explain the shoulder situation (why does no one understand that just because the shoulder is there doesn't mean it's ridable???)
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all about maintaining a low profile. That's why I love rockin' the wagon---'92 Subaru Legacy Wagon. High capacity and low profile.

Plus, I've got it in that stereotypical 80s/90s Subaru 'powder blue', or 'loser blue' as the salesman who sold my wife and I our second Subaru called it. 'Loser blue' does not scream 'Ticket me'.
Quote Reply
Re: HOLY *)*# my next door neighbor just tried to kill me! [Ginsu Dave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ginsu Dave,

Having done a grad degree in rader systems and signal processing, I have come to learn that driving a car with a low profile and less metal is a good thing when it comes to avoiding speeding tickets...that and dark green "reponsible family man" paint job bodes well for flying under the radar :-). This car used to belong to my 68 year old dad and I took it off his hands. Driving the retiree mobile gives me good incentive to spend less money on cars over my life and retire 4-7 years earlier, so I can live a life on skis and bikes....having a nice car is cool, but I'd rather have more money for leisure :-)

Back to the original thread, did anyone notice all the tacks that appeared in front of the neighbour's driveway and a large crazy lawyer driving with flat tires ? (sorry...I could not resist...)

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I read stuff like this, I often wonder how these people ever got anywhere in life. Clearly some of them do. In my world of business, I have to be over-the-top nice, and understanding with almost everyone that I come in contact with. It's not something that I have to force, as I think that I am naturally that way. However, I am perplexed at how these people have achieved anything by being, rude, arrogant, inappropriate, wrong and in some cases illegal so many times. Strange!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next