Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HOKA Insole
Quote | Reply
I have been having a problem with my Bondi 4s that I haven't had with previous Bondis (or this pair for their first 80 miles). I sometimes get an odd pressure sensation on the outside of my right heel and when running a blister on the outside of my right big toe. I think the cause is my insole of that shoe is rotating counter-clockwise causing pressure in those two hot spots. I have tried getting it into the right position, but there doesn't seem to be a position where it naturally wants to stay. Anybody else have that problem or know of a solution. It seems like a different insole might do the trick (any suggestions?), but I do not get why the OEM's insole is not more stable. [Note: I originally posted this in another topic, but it seemed to have gotten lost there.]
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA Insole [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. No problem with Stinson lites, same problem with Clifton and Bondi 3. Tossed the insoles and replaced them with heat moldable insoles, problem solved.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA Insole [jlee565] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. The Cliftons seem to be the worst for this; my old Stinsons and newer Challenger ATRs have no issues at all. For some reason my first pair of Cliftons came with multiple insoles and maybe that's why. The second pair of insoles eventually stopped moving around and are stable and comfy now. The insoles are quite thin, less structured than many shoes I've had and I suppose that would present a problem for them staying put. Hokas are still my favourite kicks by far but like everything else, it's good to get it all sorted out before race day.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA Insole [shaggyrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I think that changing out the insoles in Hokas changes the fit/feel of the shoe more than any other brand I've worn. In a good way for me anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA Insole [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:
Personally I think that changing out the insoles in Hokas changes the fit/feel of the shoe more than any other brand I've worn. In a good way for me anyway.

Maybe this is what I need to try on my Clifton 2s. For some weird reason I'm getting odd pressure and tingly foot sensation in the right foot. I thought they just needed to be broken in but after 50 miles they are still providing the same sensation and this never happened before w/ my 2 previous Clifton1s.
Quote Reply