Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guru or Lynskey - Help Me Decide
Quote | Reply
After a nice car accident which left both me and my titanium Quintana Roo in pieces, I am beginning to heal but my bike is obviously trash.

So I purchased two bikes, the first a Lynskey T230 (titanium) and then a second Guru Merus (also titanium). I can only keep one and they are both sweet.

Help me choose.

The Guru has a spot for tucking in the wheel on the seat tube and also internal wiring but is almost a half pound heavier.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru or Lynskey - Help Me Decide [digitalfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: digitalfitness: Oct 17, 14 12:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: digitalfitness: Oct 17, 14 12:52
Quote Reply
Post deleted by digitalfitness [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming they fit similar, I'd take the Guru because I can't stand external cabling. Much easier to clean a bike with internal cabling, and they're hidden from the wind.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Guru or Lynskey - Help Me Decide [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks ironmanatee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to Guru, but I have owned a lot of ti in my day. My absolute fav tri bike I ever owned was one of the first Tachyon's off Mark's line in 1991. Just puke when I think about why I sold it. Also owned an Ultimate and Classic. Loved. Beat them to death. I have heard good things about Guru though so not sure you can go wrong either way. Honestly I'd not have an issue buying a 20+ year old Litespeed as long as I could expect it. Stuff breaks, all of it, but with the kind of abuse I put mine through I'd probably buy one if it looked like it had been loved on. Have fun ti shoppin!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Comes down to what kind of riding you are going to be doing. If you are going with a tri/TT setup go Guru. With a road bike setup, the Lynskey will be more fun to ride than the Guru.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guru looks nicer imho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decided on the Guru. Now I have an extra Ti frame and being these are no longer coming out of the factory like they used to, make me an offer on the Lynskey as it has to go.

I also posted it in the Classifies.
Quote Reply