Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guru fit help
Quote | Reply
About 2 and a 1/2 years ago I purchased a felt IA in size 58 and took it to get a guru bike fitting at a triathalon specific store locally. Long story short, my wife became pregnant and ended up selling most of my expensive triathlon equipment to make room financially and otherwise for the new addition to the family. I am now looking to get back into triathlon and am trying to figure out what size tri bike I could purchase given the fit from 2 plus years ago.
It's attached.

I don't necessarily want to drop several thousand on a bike so a used bike is of interest for me for now. Trying to see what size Quintana roo or cervelo to buy.

Any help is much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit help [tdaf22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
File was too large. Here is the link to view the fitting.

https://www.dropbox.com/.../GuruReport.pdf?dl=0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you have very long legs, which means you're tall (6'3" or 6'4") or if not you have a non-standard morphology. which is it?

for someone with a saddle height of 830mm, your armrest elevation drop of 111mm is pretty low. you're not sitting way back, so that's not it. why didn't or couldn't you go lower in the front? I'd like to see you riding 3cm or 4cm lower in the front, just on paper, unless there's something non-standard about you. is there? tell us more about you. then we'll know more how to proceed.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit help [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I am 6'3" tall. I dont think there's anything too abnormal about me.

I don't exactly remember why I didnt go a bit lower. It could have been just a comfort and inflexibility issue at the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it safe to say I can buy any size 58 or large bike and then get re-fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

If you are prepared to pay for a (re)fit, it is better to do that before you buy the frame. A good fitter will determine your optimal position and advise on which bikes/ frames/ sizes will work for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit help [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
you have very long legs, which means you're tall (6'3" or 6'4") or if not you have a non-standard morphology. which is it?

for someone with a saddle height of 830mm, your armrest elevation drop of 111mm is pretty low. you're not sitting way back, so that's not it. why didn't or couldn't you go lower in the front? I'd like to see you riding 3cm or 4cm lower in the front, just on paper, unless there's something non-standard about you. is there? tell us more about you. then we'll know more how to proceed.
Is that the drop to the armrest or the handlebar x/y? From what I can gather, the drop to Handlebar Y is 11 cm and the bars have an armpad stack of 6 cm, so really the drop is 5 cm?

Also, what's the point of capturing a photo and putting it in the fit report if it's from the front and looks like that?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tdaf22 wrote:

No.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru fit help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, sounds like I definitely should get another fit before purchasing anything, to be safe.

Thanks for your input!
Quote Reply