Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guru Fit Output - Bike looks like a Giraffe
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine went for a Guru fit recently. He had already bought a small SC before going (wrong order I know), but having had this done he is looking for guidance on the right next move. The output from the Guru fit is as below:

SX 131
SY 690
HX 484 (BB to middle of
HY 611

Bar Used: Zipp Vuka
Pad Stack Ht 60
Bar Length 250

Hitting these numbers on a small SC requires a high and far stem along with a stack of spacers. This makes for an unrideable bike. He is OK with ditching the frame and switching it up, but the question is what is the best choice? SC M/ L/ XL can all hit these numbers (with varying stem/ spacer combos), but he is also open to other frames if they would be better suited. So what is the optimal choice given his fit output?
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit Output - Bike looks like a Giraffe [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know pad XY? And if so - are the figures to rear or centre of pad?
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit Output - Bike looks like a Giraffe [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Armpad stack/ reach weren't provided, but can be calculated. Running the math, he gets:

Arm Pad Stack of 677mm
Arm Pad Reach of 484mm

All measurements are to middle of armpad, to back of armpad deduct 40mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does he have the rest of the fit numbers ie Saddle angle, type, height, setback, etc. I know Pad X/Y is most important, but it looks quite tall and narrow, so would like to see if anything looks off with the rest of the fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit Output - Bike looks like a Giraffe [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have all of that data, I just omitted it as I wasn't sure that it wan needed. All below, thanks.

Saddle Height 764mm
Saddle Incline -4.0
Tip of Saddle Behind BB 21mm
Tip of Saddle to Centre of Back of Pads
465mm
Top of Saddle to Top of Pads 73mm
Back of Pads to Extensions 350
Pad Width 280mm
Shifter Width 50mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping those figures are using a snub nose saddle?
Using Pad XY of 444,677 (to rear)
Best SC would be a large with medium-near stem and 35mm mono
Scott Plasma 5 57, though would need to change to Profile F35 Lux pad (from the stock F35TT), or a Plasma 4 in same size with a high stack bar
Cervelo P2/3 58 with high stack bar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree on the Large SC, but by my fit chart (based on pad center) his padX is in the midpad range for the medium-far stem (and maxed out on the 45mm monospacer plus the pad wing spacer). not looking to pick a fight, just curious as to your reasoning on the medium-near? is it to give a little upward mobility on padY before he has to move to a high stem?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Guru Fit Output - Bike looks like a Giraffe [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reasoning? I just plug the numbers into the calculator and accept what it tells me. It is set up to prioritise positions that are in the middle of the various adjustment ranges. And is also matching extension length.
Full spec:
Stem: Medium-Near, Mono Spacer: 35mm, Wing Spacer: 5mm, Pad Row: 3, Mono Hole Row: 3, Mono slid forward by: 15mm, Wing Orientation: Forward, Pad Width Range: 120-240, Basebar x,y: 643,604, Extension: Ergo Long, 352mm

In this case the 10mm extra stack of the near vs the Far stem would be the deciding factor - always try to have the wing spacer in to allow easy position tweaking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gotcha. thx!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply