Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Greeeeen Acres
Quote | Reply
Not sure how many of you enjoy the rural lifestyle in your rides. Today's 40 miler:

misted with unknown chemical being sprayed on an orchard. The guy applying it was wearing an EPA-like suit.

passed by two truck carrying cow manure (dry and powdery). It was speckled all over us when we got back.

passed by silage trucks (chopped up corn used for cattle feed) with no cover. Silage all over us.

drafted off a tractor for a while before passing him. driver was amused. he could not counter our attack as he had a large implement.

gotta love the country!

Re: Greeeeen Acres [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh yeah.

couple weeks ago was out for an hour or so winding through the farm area just south of me. a honey wagon was out spraying on a field. the truck was fairly close to the road and there was a pretty stiff wind going. of course in the appropriate direction.

i seemed to have an essence of cow poo with me on arrival home.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I enjoy the rural lifestyle 24/7. I bought a little 22 acre tract in the middle of nowhere. Just about finished renovating the homestead.

Got out for 3 hours this morning and I could count the number of cars that passed me on my fingers. Didn't need to take my shoes off. I faced more danger from deer flying out of the roadside brush than I did from motor vehicles. I, too, drafted a tractor and took him in a county line sprint.

The best part ... no cell service, so no drivers with cell phones. The worst part ... no cell service. If anything were to happen to me out there, it's so remote, the vultures will finish with me before my wife can find me.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Re: Greeeeen Acres [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any manure trucks?

Quote | Reply
Have you noticed that in the fall, after harvest, some fields are covered with some sort of pink foam? I got sprayed with that stuff once. No idea what it is.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply