Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Grand Haven Y 1/2 Iron
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know this bike course? Flat/fast, rollers, hills? Recommended?

I'm looking for a good prep race for IM Wisconsin.
Quote Reply
Re: Grand Haven Y 1/2 Iron [frigs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the bike course was not bad, only a couple of hills, nothing to get too excited about. Roads were mostly good and it ended up being a really fast day dispite strong winds.

Our swim was all but cancled due 6ft rollers on the beach, but it made for a fun splash and dash.

IMHO the run was horrible. Confusing, lacking any shade, mile markers, enough aid, and ending with a trial run that was even more poorly marked over snady steep hills - a real demoralizer for yours truely.

i thing that this coudl be agood race, but I hope that they have worked out the bugs for this year.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I think we still should have swam last year, but that's just me. ;-) I didn't like the long run from the water to transition, but that's just me again. ;-)

The bike course is rolling, nothing too long or too steep. Tom Linck really pushed the pace last year. The pavement is really good, except for the first/last few miles.

The run course was a bit convoluted, but pretty cool. You ran along the harbor and then out on an island. I pre-ran the last section of trail to help mark it, so I didn't have any problems with it, and knew to save some energy for it also. It got pretty warm by the end, and as mentioned, there wasn't a lot of shade.

It's a great location for a race though.
Quote Reply
Re: Grand Haven Y 1/2 Iron [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm told the confusing trail portion of the run will be gone this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ottawa County Road Commission swept the road for the bike course last year. There were no stones. Agree that the run was confusing but out and back on the boardwalk was priceless. I'm suprised more people didn't lose it on the last mile dune run.

I'm concerned about the mandatory bike check this year. Security wasn't that great last year. Great venue though...
Quote Reply
Re: Grand Haven Y 1/2 Iron [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm told the confusing trail portion of the run will be gone this year."

Good decision. It would have been OK had the course been marked better. Otherwise, nice race.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply