Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good suggestion on bike fitting?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a good book, video, link etc. with instructions on the proper tri bike fit? Looking to dial my fit in on a trainer with a mirror and a friend taking pictures of my position. Besides a professional fit, which I can't afford, do you have any other advice/suggestions/tips?
Quote Reply
Re: Good suggestion on bike fitting? [clydesdale21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't used it myself, but I've seen a few positive comments on the Bike Fit App.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...surement-review.html
Quote Reply
Re: Good suggestion on bike fitting? [ieknox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a solid alternative.

What is the market value of a professional bike fitting? Assuming I am bringing in a bike purchased elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Bike Fast Fit to get my initial position setup a few months ago. I went and had a RETUL fit done a last week and the fitter said that I had set myself up closer than anyone he had seen come in. The only changes we made were to shim my left cleat 5mm (shorter left leg) and raise the seat 5mm. It would have been near impossible to tell the leg length issue with just the app so I'm satisfied with the RETUL fit. Just funny how you can get that close by using a $5 app.
Quote Reply
Re: Good suggestion on bike fitting? [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was frustrated not to be able to find an app on Android but Google just flagged this up to me - looks like it's only just been released. Anyway I took a leap of faith as would rather risk being unhappy with something costing 3 quid than something costing 100+ quid! First impressions are pretty good. Works on static photos which may mean accuracy is not ideal but the focus is on convenience eg. no turbo trainer required. My saddle was quite a bit too low actually, already raised over 1cm and the difference is really positive. Originally I just used the basic heel on pedal method but I think this tends to result in saddle too low - measuring knee angles is definitely the way to go...

https://play.google.com/...oid.theroadiebikefit
Last edited by: womble: Sep 13, 14 15:36
Quote Reply